Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

my name is Sarah & I'm a very proud mama to two young boys my oldest 4 yrs who has ASD & my 2 yr old who is non verbal. he has never said one word he knows more & go in sign but that's bout it. he receives lots & lots therapy which I am very grateful for but it's definitely hard some days .Joined this group because I figured it would be a group to meet ppl who relate looking forward to talking 

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tinarob
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm Cristina, I joined for the same reason you did =) I have twins boy/girl twins who are almost 4(feb.) and my son has a speech delay and goes to speech therapy once a week, and will hopefully be getting speech while in pre-school sometime next yr =) I'm hoping that the interaction with the other kids and the extra speech will just sky rocket his language. Anyway Welcome 

CofferLuver1617
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Thanks Christina nice to meet you B-) pre- school does wonders for kids I'm very thankful for all the services both my boys receive My son hasn't talked yet but hopefully soon . Any who where are ya from?

tinarob
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Phoenix Arizona how about you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CofferLuver1617
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Chico California Do ya like it there I've only been there once

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Welcome, I'm a Sarah too! :) And I like to drink coffee, so...

My son just turned 5, and he is still receiving speech therapy for some delays. He has made really significant progress in the past few years though, to the extent that we hope to start him in K without an IEP. I guess we'll see how the K evaluation goes this spring, but his therapist and his preschool teacher both have been pretty encouraging about this goal.

My son was also non-verbal at 2, but he really took to signing. I know each child responds differently to different strategies; I hope you can find something that works for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)