Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want him too talk B-(

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

all I want is my son too talk I know he's trying but I'm losing it he's sick and can't tell me what's wrong why did this to happen to him/us I just want a normal child is that wrong??

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gabesmom118
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What age is your son?  Is he seeing a speech therapist and if so, how long as he been seeing one?

CofferLuver1617
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM

He turned 2 in Dec & he has been in therapy for almost 8 months 

RKPotter
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Have you tried sign language? Even learning "more" is very helpful. Baby Signing Time dvds are wonderful and have great songs to keep kids entertained. My son has a speech delay and has learned a lot from these dvds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CofferLuver1617
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

yes Yes & yes B-( he is two an revived therapy 4 Times a week and only know 2 signs 

EllianasMama
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Signs arent for every child....although my daughter did do some. Being around other kids who talk is what helped her the most. She did early intervention, speech therapy at early intervention, private speech...but what helped her the most was moving on to preschool at three and being with all the other kids that talk!! We keep up with all the other stuff too of course, but thats what helped the most! It will get better!! Slowly but surely, it will.

trippyhippy
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My son never picked up the signs and didn't talk till 4 1/2 so believe me I understand. Now at 7 I can't get him to stop talking for 5 seconds. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)