Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2013 thus far..

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 227 Total Views
I'm so nervous and excited! This Wednesday Carter will have a preschool/head start screening. If they see a delay (speech with Carter obviously) they will do a follow up evaluation and then a meeting for school suggestions. Which I have already narrowed down for them, they just don't know I have lol. Wow I can't believe this is happening. I've called several different schools and spoken to their speech pathologist for prek and k! I really hope this is just amazing for him and head start is just what he needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EllianasMama
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

When my daughter started prek...it changed her world (and ours:) she is still behind but doing sooo much better!! Good luck!

ShannonC94
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Our early intervention speech therapist was amazing and he went to an early education center for preschool which combined regular (for a lack of a better term) kids with special needs kids. He has progressed so far since having the therapy and I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

tinarob
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I'm so happy to announce he's starting preschool MONDAY! and he's getting speech therapy during class and has an IEP that sounds wonderful! I'm so excited his scores were ok only thing concerning was his communication but we knew that lol thank you all for your well wishes! I hope your kiddos are doing well too
caribear77
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
MmjuqucghalllnlWow, tqhat's a big step! How old is your son? I am such a chicken, my daughter is 3 but since she doesn't talk just signs. I am afraid something would happen & she can't tell me . I take her to private speech & have a sign teacher come to our home. I hope he likes it.
caribear77
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
lol, my 3 jr old got ahold of my nook while I was typing I didn't notice till after I posted!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN