Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 almost 3 year old has speech delay!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 495 Total Views

Mobile Photo

my son will be 3 in 4 months. I've known he had a speech delay since befor he was 2 but I was just hoping it would happen like so many of my family and friends said it would. he doesn't really have any daily words. he use to say mama and dada and hi ( still says these words just at random times and when he wants to ) We seen our ped yesterday and we are going to start with speech therapy within the next few weeks. I just feel so alone and saddened by all this. but I'm gonna be positive cause I know many kids who talked redicuously late and they all are just fine . speech therapy will only benefit him (; any moms out there in the same shoes as me ? any success stories to help ease my brain lol

some facts about Evan (;
plays well with kids
super wiz at learning games on iPad
remembers pretty darn good
doesn't mimic words
super active
vocal all day everyday ( just not words)
hates the doctors
hit or miss with strangers he is ok with some and some he just hates
only has waved hi like 3 times in his whole life
he does attempt to say words mainly when he really wants something ! ex the word again . he says it but not clearly but the attempt is always there when he wants something again lol

help me out here I'm just feeling blue I'm nervous and excited about starting speech therapy !
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Momsparky2
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Hi. My son will be 3 in December and has a speech delay. He has been in speech therapy for almost a year and he is doing better. he says many words at random iand only a few that he uses regularly. he is still not speaking in complete sentences but we are hopeful that this will come very soon. hang in there it gets better I'm told.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)