Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feelings

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 103 Total Views
My son is five and his has a delay issue along with Sensory problems.  His advancement is amazing.  He is about the age level of a young four year old.  I treat him like any child and wanted him to do t-ball.   I talked to the coach and he was very taken back.  He did not know if Zachary was right for his team.  Like you have to be an allstar to play t-ball with 4 year olds.  I talked to the head coach and he is taking Zachary but why do people have to act so weird around him.  He is very smart and very funny but I always get looks.  Plus Zachary is very tall for his age so people think he is older.  You would think in this day people would be accepting.  Does anyone ever have an issue like this one?
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
OwensMom71506
by Member on Feb. 18, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Yes, I too have a child with speech delays. He is also VERY tall for his age. He is only 19 months and looks like a 2-3 year old. People expect him to act a lot older, and act funny that he isn't talking well. It hurts my feelings very much how insensitive people are. Like we aren't stressed out enough just being parents of little ones! I definitly know where you are coming from. Hang in there....there are lots of us who are in the same place and have the same issues! Just ignore these ignorant  people and feel proud of your wonderful family!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)