Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tomorrow we go to the audiologist!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 211 Total Views

My son just turned 4 and is still having some trouble with his speech. i can understand him for the most part but i am with him 24/7. He has been in speech therapy for this school year and i saw a change at the beginning but lately he has had me worried. he is starting to repeat himself before he is done with his sentence, and he still will not sound out the letter s. i know some kids have trouble with letters but mine wont even say it.... he says hou instead of house and anything with an s is like that.

So tomorrow we are off to the audiologist to have his hearing checked.... has anyone went through this? i am a nervous wreck thinking i have let this go on for so long and i could have prevented it a long time ago..

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Annette4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I hope everything goes well!  I have been wanting to get my kids  in to see one.  I don't think Jake's hearing is up to par, and my pedi just doesn't seem at all concerned!  ugh!

Let us know how it goes!

mommyneedssleep
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM

well it went great.. his hearing is excellent. its just a speech delay so now we head into more extensive speech therapy to help him out.. at least i know now when i yell at him he can hear every word i say lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)