Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

Hi,

My name is Emily I have 2 girls.  Jami (2 and a half) who has a speech delay and Zoey (6 months).  I am hoping I feel more at home here.  When in my daughter birth board I feel out of place due to her delay.  A lot of the moms there don't know what I am going through.  All I hear from my friends is it is odd for a girl to have a delay in speech.  In the speech group here there are mostly boys, only 2 other girls that rarely ever come.  I just need an ear that understands where I am in life right now.

Mommy of a 7/06 girlie and a 8/08 girlie

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kristin2008
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Welcome! This is a very helpful group and the moms are very understanding. I have a 2 1/2 year old son that is speech delayed. We have been doing Early Intervention service, he has a speech therapist come every Monday for an hour and work with him. We have been doing this since September and it has helped dramatically. He is now "age appropriate" in 4 of the 6 areas that they tested him on. I hope that I can help you with any questions that you have, and if I can't help maybe one of the other wonderful ladies can. So is your daughter doing speech therapy now? How long has she been in it?

toddler boyKyle James 07-19-2006 5 pounds 12 ounces 19 1/2 inches long

toddler girlAva Lyn 02-06-08 8 pounds 2 ounces 20 1/2 inches long

Shelley421
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Welcome to the group.  I hope here you find that you are not alone and feel the support that some of us moms need at times.  We are all here with an ear to listen and experiences and advice to share.  Again, welcome to the group.

cacharo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM

HI AND WELCOME!!!

happy2bmom0406
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM

WELCOME!  You have come to the right place for people who understand!!  I don't know how I would have gotten through it all without this group!!

Proud Mommy of my sweet family!

Jamismama
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Jami has been in speech for almost 6 months.  She has an increased vocab, but is still behind. 

Mommy of a 7/06 girlie and a 8/08 girlie

patsfan013
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Jamismama:

Jami has been in speech for almost 6 months.  She has an increased vocab, but is still behind. 

Sounds like you're on the right track, though!  Keep up the good work, mama!  You're doing all you can for your baby.  That's what counts! 

Laura twin boyshaving chocolate

jaylenmom29
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Welcome you are at the right place

hugs

Annette4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Hi and Welcome!  This is definintely a great group of supportive women!  And you are definitely on the right track. You will see improvement soon.. it does take time and patience with these little critters!  hee hee

I think there may be a few women in my group (link in my siggy) that have girls with language delays. Come check us out!  Hope to see you there! We have great activties and themed posts along with lots of support from great moms!

I saw on your profile that you were a Hoosier and now a Michigander?  So was my hubby! He is now a Florida transplant!  Hope to get to know you and your little darlings!

KGreene79
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Welcome! I have not been on here in a while, but this really is a wonderfully supportive group. It is hard to relate to other moms who are not going through the same stress as you. I hope that you find your answers and support here. You are doing everything you can and she is lucky to have you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)