Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some advice and tips please!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

My daught Cassidy started daycare in october so that I could go back to school and this week her teacher expressed a concern about how she's developed in regards to receptive and expressive speech. I gave to green light for the daycare to test her and had our conference today. She is 20 points below where they expect her to be with receptive speech and 8 points below with expressive speech. I have no clue what to do! Her teacher told me to get flashcards and books that show real pictures of things and teach her that way. I googled it too and found a website called baby bumblebee that has dvds and flashcards and looks really great. i need advice.. i don't know what to do or buy or whatever to help my daughter. any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tara

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Annette4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Hi Tara! I have a ton of resources to help you on your way!

Does your daughter not qualify for speech therapy? Just wondering, you can do this too! I have to run right now, but check out my homepage and my group (link in my siggy) for tons of ideas and tips.  PM me later, and I'll give ya the scoop on DVDs!  Don't waste your money on Bumble Bee just yet.. there are better ones available!

I'll get back with you later today!

TaraAnnG
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I'm still waiting to hear from a woman who works with the daycare and handles this kind of stuff. i'm assuming she'll call me early this week though. No one has said anything about speech therapy, but they keep talking about an early intervention program where someone comes to my house once a month and goes to the daycare twice a month. i'm just waiting on the details of what to expect. i'll check out the links.. thank you!

MedicMommyAnne
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Early intervention does speech therapy. Once they contact you they will answer all your questions. That is who I have for my son and they come twice a week for an hour at a time. Good luck and I hope you get answers soon
RaggedyAnne
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM

You can explain to her Pediatrician what the Day Care told you they should be able to give you resources to have her tested. You can also look into an Early Intervention Program. How ols is Cassidy ? Early Intervention is from Birth to 3 yrs old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)