Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just want to introduce myself

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Hi All

I just want to say hi. My daughter is 3 years old and is currently going to preschool, and she working with a speech theropist, although she is not say much, she does have a few words between what she says and what she signs. She was in a toddler group (twice a week) between 26 months till she was 2 1/2 years. At 2 1/2, she started preschool 1/2 day (in the morning) 5 days a week, and everyone has seen a difference in her since then. She trys to say the teachers names, she will also say words that identify things, and her teacher says she is making a lot of progress. She will be going to summer school part time, and in the Fall she will be going Full time.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommyneedssleep
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM

just wanted to say hi... i have a 4 year old who did speech therapy in preschool last year and will continue next year along with speech through childrens hospital starting next month... i think it is amazing how quickly we see a difference in our children with the speech therapy... good luck to you!

Annette4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Hi and welcome!

Your daughter is adorable! I have a lot of resources to help you work with her at home in addition to her therapy and preschool.  Check out my homepage for resource links. You can also check out my group as I post activity ideas and have a more complex resource list there.  (Link in my siggy) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)