Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to start by welcoming everyone to my group. My name is Jewell. I'm 22 years old and live in Washington. I have 2 sons and am an at home mom. Riley 2 1/2, and Dakota 11 months. Riley is my toddler who is delayed in his speech. He can only say about 4 or 5 words, and he doesn't even say "mama" or "dada" anymore. We had him in speech therapy for awhile, all she was able to teach him in 6 months was how to say and sign for "more". He did this everytime he wanted something to eat or drink whether he had some already or not. So, we decided to take him out of it and I work with him at home. We use pictures, read books, and I talk to him CONSTANTLY. I'm always up for new advice cause it's going very slowly. We've also recently started to try the long hard journey of potty training, as all of you should know this is even more difficult with a special child like ours, because it's really hard to communicate with him. So once again welcome, please introduce yourself.
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Replies (151-151):
angel8912
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:39 AM
My name its Rosa and i have 2 boys Gavin who is 2 1/2 and Elijah who is 17 months well Gavin is the one with the speech delay and also an attention disorder and he its deaf in one ear.we are with one soeech group that been with him for about 6 months and he's learned the sign more add can say bye a d go now but not mama our daddy the other speech he just started
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN