Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haydens 2 yr old check up

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

His weight and height are good ... 26lbs 33 inches.  We did an aututism evaluation sheet and he failed some areas so the dr is requesting along with the speech evaluation an indepth autuisum evaulation too...

~symptoms so far

~doesnt look u in the eyes 

~lines toys or whatever in a line

~speech

~food textures

I know they are a few more but cant remember... asked about social interaction but hes never around kids his own age so thats a hard one..  When his older sibilings come home he is excited to see them but he doesnt really play with them could be age thing again but he loves taking whatever they are playing with and running with them

he is very very active and no fear....... if u leave the baby gate down he will run up the stairs and try to jump down... he will jump from his bed to his brothers bed had to move the beds....... so as u can see very active i have to have a 24/7 eye on him.  he loves to draw ..

Angie sahm mom to Robyn,10     Dylan,7and Hayden ,2step mommy to Aubri,5

new bible study group : http://www.cafemom.com/group/106545

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Annette4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Some of these things are typical for a 2 yr old with language delays.  Don't let them try to diagnose with autism at only 2 yrs old with these few symptoms.  Here is a screening tool where you can keep an eye on things yourself...

My son had a lot of red flags.. a LOT!  I used this tool as well as a few Autism screening tools from the pedi to work on specific areas.  As you overcome some of the deficits, others will also disappear.  Try this and bookmark it to keep checking back as your son makes progress...   PDD_NOS Screening Tool

~Annette ~ Supermom of 4~
Group Owner~ Children With Speech Delays!

$$ me2everyone $$
We are going Live!

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Nicole080984
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM

My Hayden just turned 3, today actually, and he has a lot of those same "signs"...he's been thru Autism testing, but they don't feel that's the case...but he's alos high functioning, which high functioning autism is hard to diagnose at this age...but as of now, they are telling me his "signs" seem to be normal toddler behavior

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Siggy

I am a formula feeding (by choice), never co-sleeping, tummy sleeping, vaccinating, sleeping in their own room, time-out, CIO and spanking (when need be) believer, pro-induction (with Epi, of course), pro-choice , tattooed and pierced (and yes my daughter’s ear’s are pierced too), needs to lose some weight mama.
AngieJohnson
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Update:

I talked to the therapist today and she think the dr was overacting...  so more than likely he just has the speech delay we will find out in a couple weeks his evaluation is 22nd..  Ive been watching him more carefully but some of the things he does its hard to tell if its just normal toddler stuff I mean he is progressing normal in ever area other than speech.. so im thinking just a speech 

Angie sahm mom to Robyn,10     Dylan,7and Hayden ,2step mommy to Aubri,5

new bible study group : http://www.cafemom.com/group/106545

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)