Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New please help !!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 184 Total Views
Good morning everyone. So ive been crazy on googlr trying to find a school for.photography , I love being behind a camera. But im so clueless of actually doing it right ...
So I wanted to know a few things please help ladirs

1. What camera is best but inexpensive ?
2. What types of editing software do I need to have ?

How long did it take yall to get the hang of it ?

Thank you so much
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I found classes at meetup.com   It was a local group, but run by a guy who is a school teacher, but professional photog on the side. It was great, as the classes were always small, so there was alot of time for explanation of things.

There is no 'best' camera. Everyone has their own needs/desires. But most of all, you have to feel very comfortable with the machine. I started with a Pentax and moved up to a Canon. Go on dpreview.com and you can do some comparisons.

I have PSElements8...I don't use it. I use free programs online.

I don't think anyone is ever done learning. Seems every 'shoot' offers a little something new to learn from.

luzianagurl
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

get a good inexensive DSLR to start out with. I use the Canon Rebel EOS, it has very clear pics and I'm usually satisfied with my results. I always hope my photos will turn out the way I saw them and they usually do with help from the great clarity this camera provides. I was so tired of getting all the noise/graininess in my pics so that's when i went shopping for new camera and have loved it for two yrs now!Have even dropped it a time or two and luckily no problems.

RealEyesRealize
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Thank u. Thats the one I was looking at . They have it at walmart. Dobu use any editing software as well ?

Quoting luzianagurl:

get a good inexensive DSLR to start out with. I use the Canon Rebel EOS, it has very clear pics and I'm usually satisfied with my results. I always hope my photos will turn out the way I saw them and they usually do with help from the great clarity this camera provides. I was so tired of getting all the noise/graininess in my pics so that's when i went shopping for new camera and have loved it for two yrs now!Have even dropped it a time or two and luckily no problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luzianagurl
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

yeah, i use photoscape, free, dowloaded it on my laptop and i use it to process mostly like size pics to 500 for our contests in other groups on here. sometimes i will bump the sharpness or deepen the color a bit. plus i love B&W edits. If I really want to edit something like chge backgrounds or whatever i use ipiccy.com. love it

Quoting RealEyesRealize:

Thank u. Thats the one I was looking at . They have it at walmart. Dobu use any editing software as well ?

Quoting luzianagurl:

luzianagurl
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

here are a few i took with my kiddos out in the yard just today..

i used a bump of "bloom" from photoscape on that one for a little more pretty:)

RealEyesRealize
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Okay awesome , thank you , are both of those programs you use free ? Or just the one ?

Quoting luzianagurl:

yeah, i use photoscape, free, dowloaded it on my laptop and i use it to process mostly like size pics to 500 for our contests in other groups on here. sometimes i will bump the sharpness or deepen the color a bit. plus i love B&W edits. If I really want to edit something like chge backgrounds or whatever i use ipiccy.com. love it

Quoting RealEyesRealize:

Quoting luzianagurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RealEyesRealize
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
WOW !!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!!! AWESOME SHOTS

Quoting luzianagurl:

here are a few i took with my kiddos out in the yard just today..

i used a bump of "bloom" from photoscape on that one for a little more pretty:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luzianagurl
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

yep they're both free. if i ever go pro, i will see the need to pay for something but ntil then it's free for me :) and thanks! took a couple of of hundred pics yesterday outside! so pretty down here in La. this time of year.

Kimja
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Very nice shots. I am still new even though I have had my camera for a few years, I started with the canon reble sxi but I didn't get good pix with it.. my husband got me the T4i for Christmas, (I didn't have the heart to tell him, I had no clue how to use it yet)  I love my new camera, I use it as much as I can... I truly believe my first one had a problem because I haven't changed the way I take pictures and I can get good shots with this one.. I now many people with the rebel and they love them...

Sandyr911
by New Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Im using free online editors.  www.picmonkey.com and www.ribbit.com  They do just about everything the paid programs do without a bunch of fancy stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)