Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! READ BEFORE POSTING!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 9:24 PM
  • 132 Replies
  • 3302 Total Views
1 mom liked this
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO POST TIPS, ADVICE, RESOURCES, ECT. I STARTED THIS GROUP SO WE CAN HELP TEACH EACH OTHER. LEARN TECHNIQUES, TIPS, EDITING PROGRAMS ANYTHING AT ALL ASSOCIATED WITH PHOTOGRAPHY. LETS BE KIND AND RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER!
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jovanna
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hello everyone! I'm Jovanna, new to this group.

I would love to own a studio one day. I'm just trying to start my own photo business. Do you moms out there know of a place, somewere to buy professional stuff for a studio cheap? I love photography and have so much passion for it but have really no clue of what stuff I need for it. I mean stuff as in lighting, what kind? What kind of backgrounds do you moms use? I currently own a Nikon Cool Pix L100, it was the one my hubby was able to afford, I do like it but I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a more professional one wen I start a business. Is that a good camera to start with? Any help will be so appreciated. Sorry for all the long questions. :)

Thanks....

Lgirl
by on Jan. 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello, I am Leslie, and I love photography,  I started taking pictures when my children started competitive activites (cheerleading and gymnastics) I absolutely love action shots and landscape shots,  please comment on my pictures, I do have my own photography company, but am still trying to get it off of the ground, which is a tough task while holding a full-time job.  I hope to enjoy CafeMom and this group and I would love to receive tips and info on photography, by the way, right now, I have a Nikon D40.  Please check out the rest of my pictures on my page.

Talk to you later,

Leslie

KelisGraceful
by on Jan. 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I am currently in the process of opening my own photography business.  I have had a lot of suggestions from friends of things to do.  I came across www.backdropsource.com/index.asp which has decent prices for setting up a "studio" possibly in a clients home (which i think is a very cool option for family photography), or in a workplace if you have one available.  I also like their pricing and information offered on this website. Good Luck Ladies! 

Kel

tc_chyann
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Hello everyone my name is Teresa and I'm a mother of three. I am looking forward to learnig as much as I can from this group. I love taking pictures and according to the my friends and family I have a true talent. Some day I hope to be able to run my own photography studio of my own. I look forward to meeting you all and seeing all the wonderful pictures. Thank you and have a nice night.

NicsMomma07
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I am a 27yo single SAHM to a wonderful 2yo baby boy born November 27th 2007! I live in The Granite State AKA: New Hampshire! My mother who passed away in 2005 had a huge passion for photography and she was excellent at it too! I am hoping to carry it on. I still have a lot to learn, but I am willing to learn and be taught!

Katybel
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2010 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi - My name is Katybel. I have an awesome camera that I keep on automatic because I just can't figure out all of the settings. So sad. I hope to learn and continue working with it and with some help and guidance to be a good photographer in the future.

Here is my Granddaughter. I know this pic could be much better but I do like it.

amberlynsky
by Member on Feb. 1, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Hey everyone!  I'm new to this group but I'm very excited :)  I first became interested in photography after I had my daughter (she was born August 7th, 2008).  Last October, i got a job working in a portrait studio and it was an amazing experience!  I've recently started my own photography business, but I have yet to own my own studio (hopefully someday).  I'm hoping to learn a lot from this group and share any tips and answer any questions you may have! :)

shweetz85
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Hello,

My name is Donetta and i am fairly new to photography. im enrolled in college for it and greatly adore it. i shoot with a canon 40D but am waiting on my new 7D to arrive :) im really excited to get some imput and cant wait to start chatting. here is my blog Donettasphotos.blogspot.com  please check me out and let me know what you think!

pinkpincess
by Member on Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Hi My name is Lisa I am new to the group. I LOVE taking pictures and just recently my Hubby got me a Canon rebel xsi and I am determined to learn everything I can about it. I love photography and want to learn all I can. You all have amazing photos! I look forward to learning new things in this group and seeing all of your work!

jenstarr04
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello all!  My name is Jennifer and I am new to this group.

I am am a 34 year old Working mom of 4.  Married a great husband.   I have been doing photography seriously since 2006 or so.   I always like to take pictures... posing the kiddos on blankets and such with my little film P&S.   I do hope to be good enough to one day open my own in home studio.   I plan to start doing some PBing later this year.   I'm very excited.

I  like to photography just about everything... with child photography and nature being the in the top 5.  Here is a sample of my work...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)