Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHARE A PICTURE OF YOUR STUDIO!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1880 Total Views
HI EVERYONE! I THOUGHT THE ONES THAT A STUDIO  CAN POST A PICTURE TO GIVE OTHERS AN IDEA OF WHAT YOUR WORKING WITH. SUCH AS LIGHTING ECT.
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WRMGmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
OK for now this is my studio. I have to use my living room whenever I want to take photos. We are eventually going to build me a studio. We have a HUGE garage/barn  that we are going to make into a studio. I want to make sure I am good enough before we do that. OK so here is the situation with this living room - notice the tray lighted ceiling with the wall color in the highest point. This makes it a challenge sometimes, and there are windows all around that you cannot see, so if I want natural light all I have to do is open up all of the dark blinds. I have dark blinds, so light doesnt get through when I want to shoot with my lighting. I have alien bees and I love them!

Tinytshortt
by Member on Jun. 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Very nice. I have a garage that has an A/C unit already in place ready for me whenever we clear it out!!! Little does my husband know of my plans..lol
Quoting WRMGmommy:

OK for now this is my studio. I have to use my living room whenever I want to take photos. We are eventually going to build me a studio. We have a HUGE garage/barn  that we are going to make into a studio. I want to make sure I am good enough before we do that. OK so here is the situation with this living room - notice the tray lighted ceiling with the wall color in the highest point. This makes it a challenge sometimes, and there are windows all around that you cannot see, so if I want natural light all I have to do is open up all of the dark blinds. I have dark blinds, so light doesnt get through when I want to shoot with my lighting. I have alien bees and I love them!

adamko84
by on Aug. 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM

don't have a photo yet as the stuff hasn't arrived yet, but i'm jumping from profoto to alien bees, i can't afford profoto stuff anymore and i can furnish a whole studio, accories stands and everything, for what i can sell my 2 profoto heads, power pack, and beauty dish for! plus i have no where to set everything up yet, which is why i'm getting battery packs because it'll mostly be location for now. glad to see another AB fan here!

Jovanna
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I would love to own a studio one day. I'm just trying to start my own photo business. Well I do have an empty room I could probably use but don't have the stuff I need for a studio. Do you moms out there know of a place, some were to buy professional stuff for a studio cheap? I love photography and have so much passion for it but have really no clue of what stuff I need for it. I mean stuff as in lighting, what kind? What kind of backgrounds do you moms use? I currently own a Nikon Cool Pix L100, it was the one my hubby was able to afford, I do like it but I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a more professional one wen I start a business. Is that a good camera to start with? Any help will be so appreciated. Sorry for all the long questions. :)

Thanks....

asnerakmommyto2
by Member on Jul. 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Where do you learn about and purchase studio equipment? I'm just starting out...finally got a good camera! yay! Photography has always been my passion, I just wish I knew where to get started. I'm getting ready to take a bunch of courses at the college...

mylifeforyou
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am all new to photography too.  I didn't have time to go to school, so the best place I went to was Youtube Photography tuturials. They have been the best.  I would take notes and write down all the equipment they have and that are useful.  So far spend over 1,000 on everything.  Thanks God my husband is supportive with allt his.    And I also went to barnes and noble to read up on photography too.  It's been a year and loving all my equipment too.  My 3rd floor apartment is empty and I use the space to do all the photos shoots, thanks to my wonderful inlaws.  I will share a photo as soon as I have another shoot. 

mylilprincesses
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM

i would like to start my own photography business once i get good at it but i would probably do the pictures alot outside b/c its natural and beautiful. to me it brings out such a beautiful picture.

courtneyln
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I dont have a picture either, as mine is my livingrooom as well.I do location shoots to. But I have my lights, background poles/stands broked down in the hall closet( i bought a 9 ft by 15ft set with a white n black cotton background on amazon for like 120 bucks) It's a travel set, I bought it for the simple breakdown...so all my gear is in my closet and my cameras,lenses,flashes,filters etc are in my bedroom in my wardrobe thing. I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath trailer, and have a 2 yr old so my 3rd room is small and has exercise equipment in it, my fiance said he wants to add on for me just for studio purposes, but im ok with using my living room for now...hes awesome!!!

Myheart4Jesus
by Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM

my studio as of right now is outside or my living room!! i am starting out and when i get $ for my projects, I am buying equip for my little 'buisness'. I am going to remodel my little storage build out back when tax time rolls around lol

Dixiemomchick
by Member on Apr. 17, 2011 at 9:04 PM

we have a big back porch and was thinkin about havin one out there for now but i do alot outside atm !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)