Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our great dane, Chloe, died yesterday....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 633 Total Views

we'd had her in the dog house for about a day and a half maybe, and i found her "asleep" in the dog house yesterday afternoon.

she will be terribly missed. =*(

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Aww, I'm so sorry. :(

hugs

tierneyschrader
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM

thanks. me, too. =(

i'd kinda like to get another GD sometime, but i don't wanna feel like i'm 'replacing' her or anything.. 

toopicky429
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:54 PM

You wouldn't be replacing her. They are all so different. I have 2 right now. A four year old, and a four month old. Their personalities are so completely different.

pettrans1
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I am very new to this group - by just a matter of minutes .  My condolences to your loss - I know when my female Gt. Dane, Pandy, passed on - 13 yrs. ago - still feels like yesterday - I still miss her - always have and always will!  Looking forward to when our souls meet at the Rainbow Bridge.  I know this much,  remember Chloe for all the good moments she brought into your life.   She would want that for you !

dmcarpenter619
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM
I am so sorry hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tierneyschrader
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM

thanks ladies. ya'll are so kind. =) 

i probably will get another one, but in a way, i'd like to get a rescue dog (that's what Chloe was), but at the same time, i'd like to get from a breeder b/c then you'd be more likely to know their bloodlines and what is or could be (down the road) wrong w/ them. so we'll see. i just don't really live close to anywhere that has a GD rescue or anything. we got chloe by pure luck.

dmcarpenter619
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM
What state are you in? I work with a couple of rescue groups in Kentucky and TN, but can help you find rescue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m.u.m.
by Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

oh I'm so sad to hear this. I'll be praying. I lost my girl dane 5yrs ago and I still miss her. :(

BeccaBol
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, its a heartbreak when our 4 legged family members pass on, hope you are able to find comfort in the memories. I love my baby boy, a 4 yr old male GD...he is special to our family!

tierneyschrader
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM
I live in southern illinois

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

What state are you in? I work with a couple of rescue groups in Kentucky and TN, but can help you find rescue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)