Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pink eye

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Poll

Question: has your Dane had pink eye?

Options:

yes one Dane

more than one of our Danes

no

please look at my response

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

both Danes of ours have had pink eye. The vet said that this is one of the Great Dane breeds dangerous issues because in a matter of 24hrs, they can loose their eye sight. What do you think?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Hopewhite
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I have always been afraid of the kids carrying Pink Eye in from school.  It's really important that we wash our hands when we come into our  homes.  Not just for our pets, but for our families too.  Pinkeye is nasty and very good at spreading itself  quickly.  I had a friend that had an english Bull that was blinded by pinkeye.  It was a sad situation. I hope your baby is okay and will be able to overcome any vision problems if any.  You are in my prayers.

m.u.m.
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Actually Zeus cleared up no later than day2! No one has here caught it from either Dane the vet actually said she doubted the chances. But I did have a situation in HS where I had it so much that it lived in my eyelids and I had to wash my eyelids out w/ baby shampoo! My mom and fam are immaculate it was just something I picked up easily and couldn't get rid of. Believe me, I know ALL about it. We do know all of the hand washing rules I worked in a Hosp. for years and mom's an RN. So not a prob here with that. Thank you for your concern!

Quoting Hopewhite:

I have always been afraid of the kids carrying Pink Eye in from school.  It's really important that we wash our hands when we come into our  homes.  Not just for our pets, but for our families too.  Pinkeye is nasty and very good at spreading itself  quickly.  I had a friend that had an english Bull that was blinded by pinkeye.  It was a sad situation. I hope your baby is okay and will be able to overcome any vision problems if any.  You are in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)