Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Heat

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

Xena is only 11 months old and she is in heat. It is so Gross. We were waiting until she was a year to fix her and my breeder said that she shouldn't come into heat until she was over a year old. She was surprised that she came in to heat this early. Let me tell you it is not pretty. We do not have a back yard and she is completely an inside dog. I went to petsmart and got a doggie diaper and the smell is so Gross. I change the pads all the time. I cant wait for this to be over i have an appointment on march 17 and then we will not have to go through this again.

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you that i have a one year old that fallows her everywhere and i have had to keep him away and she is growling at my friends female dogs. They use to get along. But she loves all the boys LOL!!!!

Here is her sporting her diaper LOL!!!  sorry its a little dark.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kittieashy
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I'm sorry you have to go through that but the diaper made me LOL!!!  I've only seen little dogs in them and your girl is looking at you like "Mom!! Don't take my picture!! You're embarassing me!!"  Thanks for sharing. I really do wish that it goes away soon though. I can only imagine how gross it is. Mystic was fixed when she was 6 months so we never had to deal with that. Good luck!!

luvmydanes
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM

From my experience with danes and other dogs is that they generally start to come into heat as early as six months of age.  When I worked for the vet we would always encourage the new owners to spay the females around six months or older.  That is because alot of dogs go into heat around that age.  Now for male danes we recommend neutering around the 2 year old mark. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)