• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halti

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Astro is a puller on the leash, he was doing better, but if he saw something he wanted... I had to hold on.

So I went and got him the halti that goes over their nose, at first he HATED it.  But I could tell I had so much better control over him.  I took him on a walk and he got used to it pretty quick.

Now he really looks like a horse. =)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Karenhj26
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM

what is that i never heard of it... i use the picher on my dane he 130lbs and im only 120lbs so when we walk he don't pull

chrssmar5
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

i know someone who has a saint bernard and she loves the halti she said her sasha stoped pulling right away .. you can get it at pet smart for like 12 bucks ...i plan on getting one when my jasper gets aalittle older she is only 10 weeks now

Hopewhite
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM

Cheza bounces, pulls, jumps and anything else her body will let her do.  I bought the Gentle lead, which is just about the same and yes, it does wonders.  I can actually walk her with out having to take pain pills afterward lol.

Bradleys_mom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I have one for Xena and i love it. She wasn't pulling bad but i walk her while my son in on my back and i did not want to take the chance.  She hated it to at first but is getting better when she sees it she sits so i can put it on her. She still rears up at first like a horse its funny.

1and1make3
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM

After reading all your replies about the Halti I wanted one.  I got one this week and I love it.  Now I can walk Milo and pull my son in his wagon, which I couldn't do both before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)