Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Well,a lot has happened in our family this year. We moved,are expecting our 2nd child in April and our homeschooling has not been what I thought it would be. With this baby,I have not really been sick much ,just very tired and worn out and not really much motivation or energy. We have a 7 yo daughter and she is an excellent reader. She is on a 3rd grade level in almost everything . My mom (who homeschooled my siblings and I for 12+ years, plus, still homeschools our 11 y/o sister) suggested just taking a "maternity break" and having her read a lot and playing games with her and giving her one learning thing a day to do. Is this good advice,or should I be doing more? I feel like I have neglected her education during all the stress of finding out we are expecting,packing,moving,and everything in between.What are your thoughts on this?Thank you all!

by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
twyliatepeka
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM

if she is reading alot & you do {at least} one learning thing a day i think she will be fine that is the beauty of home school...she is still at an age where she is constantly learning new things on her own anyway...don't feel bad about needing a break we all do at times...it is better you be rested  than stressed out  :) i hope i helped at least a little bit :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)