Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any good pediatricians at WBAMC?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 390 Total Views

Hi ladies!

I wanted to ask ya'll since some of you are more familiar with the docs out here, if there are any GOOD ( and I mean awesome!) Pediatricians at Beaumont?

We just got back to EP this OCT. (since my hubby deployed.) and I am due with our 2nd monkey on the 22nd this month.. it's been so long since my daughter was born, I kinda forgot on what to do!! lol

Since my mom works at Beaumont, she tried to give a suggestion, but I didn't feel comfortable with her..her name's Waldrup.. I had a good one for my daughter when we were here last year, but I can't remember her name!! It was latino...I just forgot!

So can anyone suggest an excellent DR. for our newborn? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks Mammas!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hrivera5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Okay, so this might not make sense....but I will give it a try.

I haven't been long, but I had to take my daughter recently for her 9 month check up.  We didn't go to the actual hospital, we went to a family clinic thing on base...like off of Cassidy street I think it is..next to a church.  Is that where you are talking about taking your baby also?  The Ped we saw there was pretty awesome.  Really thorough, like wanted to check up on her head growth, even though my son had the same big head problem LOL.  She was really into just checking and watching to make sure it was the same as my son.  I don't know if this helps at all, just wondering if you are going to the same little place, or if you go to the big hospital (I haven't been there yet at all).

Adja70
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I haven't seen a Dr. on base, we go to beaumont hospital.. it's the BIG one.. lol

That's where we go for all our appts., but I wanted to make sure our newbie gets a good one..!

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Quoting Adja70:

I haven't seen a Dr. on base, we go to beaumont hospital.. it's the BIG one.. lol

That's where we go for all our appts., but I wanted to make sure our newbie gets a good one..!

Well yeah, I think if I went to the doc I would have to go to Beaumont.  I think this little clinic on post is just for kids/babies? Well, the day we went it was all kids and babies.  And they have the imunization clinic there also, so she got her shots there.  I don't remember why my husband said we go there, he said that the kids won't go to beaumont for their checkups...not sure if that is for everyone though?  I just got here like I said :)  We live off base, so I would go to either one, they just said that is where we go for a Ped. 

I wonder where everyone else goes?  Does everyone go to Beaumont for a Ped?  I hope you (and me) get more answers LOL.

jlchadwick86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I always go to the TMC on main post for the boys check-ups and shots

Quoting Hrivera5:

Quoting Adja70:

Well yeah, I think if I went to the doc I would have to go to Beaumont.  I think this little clinic on post is just for kids/babies? Well, the day we went it was all kids and babies.  And they have the imunization clinic there also, so she got her shots there.  I don't remember why my husband said we go there, he said that the kids won't go to beaumont for their checkups...not sure if that is for everyone though?  I just got here like I said :)  We live off base, so I would go to either one, they just said that is where we go for a Ped. 

I wonder where everyone else goes?  Does everyone go to Beaumont for a Ped?  I hope you (and me) get more answers LOL.

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Oh is that what its called? LOL, I am glad you knew what I was talking about :)  I have only been once so far, but my husband said that is where we will always go for that.  The Ped I got there was way nice though, so I don't mind of course!

Quoting jlchadwick86:

I always go to the TMC on main post for the boys check-ups and shots

Quoting Hrivera5:

Quoting Adja70:

amandab09
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I took both of my kids last month, they went to beaumont, when i talked to tricare thats where they said they'll always got for the pediatrician. the dr they got was really nice and thorough. her name was villa rojo. hope this helps

Adja70
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I think that's who my daughter saw last year.. I think I'll check that out!

When we were here last year, they were going to assign our daughter to the onbase clinic..but we managed to get assigned at Beaumont..It'sa little more convenient for me since I go there too...

Quoting amandab09:

I took both of my kids last month, they went to beaumont, when i talked to tricare thats where they said they'll always got for the pediatrician. the dr they got was really nice and thorough. her name was villa rojo. hope this helps

prBarbie
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM

i also go to the tmc.  im not sure but in ft. bragg, it depended on the unit who goes where.  im not sure if here is the same way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)