• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know any about cold sores on the lips?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 510 Total Views

I never had this problem but my 4 year old daughter has had about 4 of them in her life and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent them.

THanks!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JCPenny
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Put some colloidal silver on a bandaid and put that on it. It should make it go away sooner and stops the itching.  Also, it's likely from an L-Lysine deficiency, so take some of that.

www.PennysPetPantry.com
For holistic pet food and treats.
Never been recalled!

www.MyHomeFacial.com
For a Spa syle home facial at a fraction of the cost.

A great work at home business!

scarletpao
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Thanks I will research what could cause the deficency.  THanks agian!

TheGo2Mom
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM

You may also want to try tea tree oil.

Helping Moms Work from Home!

www.MomMakingaDifference.com

bootiecall
by Member on Feb. 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM

L-Lysine definitely stops the cold sores from coming so often. My niece used to get them all the time. After taking L-Lysine not a break out for 2 years now. Cold sores are a form of herpes.

christianmom55
by Member on Mar. 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Also the sun & stress aggravate them. My son has had them for about 7 years!  Think he's past the stage now, but if they flare up again, I wll take your advise here.

mrk34
by on Mar. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I never had cold sores on my lips until about 2 years ago.  They got to be so bad, my lips were so swollen.  I just wanted to hide and cry.  Then finally I got some Lysine from the health store.  It comes in a powder capsule, so you could maybe break it open and sprinkle 1/2 on her food.  Then continue to give it to her in a smaller dosage daily even when she doesn't have an outbreak to prevent. 

Lysine is found in beans which I don't eat enough of.

last-minute-mom
by on Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Thank you, ladies.   You've confirmed what I've been hearing, too.   I have tried the Tea Tree oil from Melaluca, which is pure.   It's very strong, and I really like it.   I still get them, but the outbreak is less severe.   I have also used an L-lysine ointment, which soothes.   I was told to take it in capsule form everyday, all the time.   Haven't yet, as I forget about them between break outs.     But when I get a cold sore, it's usually a doozie!  Does that mean I need to eat more beans? 

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Jun. 24, 2010 at 11:08 PM

It wouldn't be bad to make a bean night in your week. It could help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)