Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red Mark Below Eye Lid ~ Need to be Concerned?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 1679 Total Views

On Saturday evening, I noticed this red mark below my right eye.  Didn't think anything of it, as I get stuff like that on my body a lot & then it goes away, after a day or two.  This did not itch, so figured it wasn't a bug bite.  It didn't hurt either, so I've just been watching it.  It felt like it was a little swollen the next couple days, but tonight it feels like a bump or little knot is below it.  It is small & I wear glasses, so others have not even noticed it.

Should I be concerned or put anything on it?  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Patty

simple smile

by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JCPenny
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM

If it's not too close to your eye, try putting some bentonite clay on it. If it's a bug bite, that'll draw whatever is in there out. If it's really close to your eye- take a gold ring, run it under warm water to heat it up, and rub that on it.

christianmom55
by Member on Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Quoting JCPenny:

If it's not too close to your eye, try putting some bentonite clay on it. If it's a bug bite, that'll draw whatever is in there out. If it's really close to your eye- take a gold ring, run it under warm water to heat it up, and rub that on it.

We have some clay & hubby thought it was bentonite, but it wasn't.  Think it's too close to the eye to use that anyway.  I  did the gold ring thing just a little bit ago & will let you know if it works.  Hope so!

Thanks!

christianmom55
by Member on Jul. 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Quoting JCPenny:

I found out that the clay we have is bentonite & can used on the body vs. just ingested.  But, since it is so close to my eye, don't want to chance it.  The heated gold did help the red, but there is still a knot there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)