Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Remedies for fertility?? Are these safe??

Posted by on May. 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 371 Total Views

I am considering taking Vitex, Red Raspberry Leaf, and False Unicorn?

Basically I am TTC but also breastfeeding my almost 1 yr old daughter. I am not ovulating yet and would like to jump start the process without risking my milk with drugs. So I need a combination safe to take together but to also take while BF?

I found this on Amazon...but I also need to know dosages...and how much to take??

Frequently Bought Together

Vitex 100 caps + Nature's Way Red Raspberry Leaves , 480 mg, 100 Capsules + Nature's Answer False Unicorn Root, 1-Ounce
Price For All Three: $20.32

These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Show details

Buy the selected items together

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

by on May. 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JCPenny
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I am not sure. You can read This. It tells of how diet can help infertility.

NoraDun
by on May. 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

BUMP!

Charlie_Jasper
by New Member on Dec. 23, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Red Raspberry is diffenitely safe it will help stregthen the uterus. The vitex does have an effect on prolactin, by normalizing the amount, thus affecting the amount of breastmilk. I would use caution here if you are worried about decreasing your milk. I am not completely sure on the False Unicorn because I haven't used it. From what I have read it sounds fine. Have you thought about acupunture, the latest studies show it is extremely effective in increasing fertility. I hope this helps.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Charlie_Jasper
GoodyBrook
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Maca Powder is also said to increase fertility AND libido. But there are drawbacks as well, so make sure you check them out, to...
things4us5
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had a quite a few miscarriages in my life, and for this baby I made and drank red rasberry leaf tea for the first couple weeks with this pregnancy. I'm now 20wks!!!

BzMama44
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I can't say as to the effects on a breastfeeding mother but I take Vitex to regulate my cycles in hope of conceiving. I actually use that exact product in the picture. The back of the bottle will tell you how to take it. I would consult a OB or midwife with the question about how it effects your milk. Vitex is a slow working herb so it may take at least three cycles to help regulate. Also as soon as you find out you're pregnant stop taking Vitex. It should not be used in pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN