Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Face Peeling

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Okay. I use to use Apricol/sesame oil on my face as a moisturizer. My forehead felt like it was getting cradle cap on it. So I stopped and started using a regular moisturizer (Carly's Clear and Smooth Day-Time Moisturizer). My face is now flaking all over the place. I can't scrub it off, I can't peel it off, It just seems to keep peeling. I'm gonna run out of layers of skin here soon!

I need to know if anyone knows why this is happening- allergic reaction maybe? Has anyone dealt with this before and what did you do to correct the problem?

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lotushealingmom
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 12:42 AM

If the moisturizer has retinols (or vit a), it will make your skin peel and eventually reveal newer, younger skin. Is your skin itchy or red? If not, I would say don't worry and continue for a few more weeks and see if you eventually stop peeling.

DJLadyK
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 2:46 PM

my forehead is also peely/dry/red. At first I thought it was from my perm solution, but it keeps happenening, almost like a sunburn. I put aloe and antibacterial on it, then it subsides, but for some reason sometimes it comes back. I'm not using anything new, and most days I dont wear any makeup if I am home. I am also going thru menopause.  It still feels kinda peely too when it's not red. I would love to try something to calm it

lotushealingmom
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Are you taking any good oils like evening primrose or flax? They can really help with skin issues and balance the hormones.

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Aug. 11, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I take fermented cod liver oil and sometimes Vitamin E.

DJLadyK
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I also take flaxseed oil  in the am and used to take primrose but havent lately. My forehead still feels peely at times, hasnt been too red lately, thankfully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)