Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raw honey for allergies?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 520 Total Views

I live pretty green and organic, but I have allergies BADLY, itchy throat, eyes, and nose. I knew there was something natural out there I could take...Than I came across Raw honey, found many forums saying any where from 1-6 tbs per day!! I just started on raw honey for my allergies, like litterly 20 min ago, I had 1tbs I was going to have another, but it's too sweet, lol!! so whats the serving size for allergies?? and if you happen to know how long I need to take for that would help too!! TIA :/

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thedixongang
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:47 AM

You need to continue taking it, like you would allergy medicine, unfortunately.  If you like hot tea, that is a good way I've found to take it quickly without it being so sweet, plus the hot tea helps my sinuses. I've done 2-3 tbs per day.

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
The more local the honey you use, the better.
amberpatterson
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM
I now have raw honey from my area...i noticed the last few times i took it my throat got really itchy...anybody have any experience with this?

Quoting JCPenny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DJLadyK
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-allergy.html

Quoting amberpatterson:

I now have raw honey from my area...i noticed the last few times i took it my throat got really itchy...anybody have any experience with this?

Quoting JCPenny:

DJLadyK
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

i put local honey in my tea at least 2x a day, (bee ppl live right around the corner too). But I am not sure it's helping...my allergies must be pretty bad if I am still stuffy, sneezy, watery eyes....But I have heard it helps.

mommyintraining
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM

The honey helps your immune system like a vaccine for your allergies if you will.....contains the same things your allergic to but in a less "toxic' dose......finding a natural histamine will help w/ your symptoms.

DJLadyK
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:04 AM

i would love to find some natural histamine,i keep trying to use saline spray or neti pot, I am so stuffed up alot of the time and it's driving me nuts

Conway14
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have allergies and get dry throat all of the time. I use this thing called Everyday Throat spray and keep it in my purse, it's small and it taste good. A friend of told me because it has colloidal silver it kills bacteria in the mouth (:

mreyn
by New Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:54 AM

We take Natures Sunshine products for all our health issues. WE used to have terrible allergies but have found some things that have helped tremendously. You can see the products here:   http://mynsp.com/naturallyhealthybody

zen-o-matic
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:26 AM

You can also take bee pollen.  Your local honey farmer should have some.  Sprinkle it on oatmeal or put it in gel caps.  My farmer said honey comb is better for allergies than just honey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)