Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cholesterol lowering remedies...?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

Anyone have any suggestions?? Recently, I had my cholesterol checked due to the good ole family tree and it was bad news...my ldl was 218 and tt was 289. I would rather go natural than be on Lipitor as prescribed to me for the sake of my liver and over all health....any ideas??? I have heard red yeast rice is helpful...I have been taking an omega-5 since forever at night...I use flax seed oil in my diet, eat a healthy clean diet...no fried, processed foods...low carbs...work out 30min-90min 5d/wk...???

confused

by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DJLadyK
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I have heard of flax (and i take it too)...but I dont know others....

stephanie546
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i just read that olive oil helps.

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

If you go on a strict whole foods vegan diet for 2 months, you'll see it drop an amazing amount! Watch Forks Over Knives on Netflicks, it'll explain a lot!

RedPine
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM

You might want to check out a book called _Sex, Lies, and Cholesterol_ by Ryan E. Bentley. I bought it online and am currently reading it. The "sex" part of the title refers to how cholesterol helps regulate the production of hormones. I have found this book very helpful and enlightening and haven't even finished it yet. You are wise to not take Lipitor or other statins. I took Lipitor for 9 years and strongly believe it induced MS-like symtoms in me. Statins strip the myelin sheathe off your neurons; myelin is made of cholesterol. Statins lower cholesterol to unnatural levels. I've learned a lot about this recently and I could go on and on . . .

mommyintraining
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting RedPine:

You might want to check out a book called _Sex, Lies, and Cholesterol_ by Ryan E. Bentley. I bought it online and am currently reading it. The "sex" part of the title refers to how cholesterol helps regulate the production of hormones. I have found this book very helpful and enlightening and haven't even finished it yet. You are wise to not take Lipitor or other statins. I took Lipitor for 9 years and strongly believe it induced MS-like symtoms in me. Statins strip the myelin sheathe off your neurons; myelin is made of cholesterol. Statins lower cholesterol to unnatural levels. I've learned a lot about this recently and I could go on and on . . .

Very interesting....I actually am taking lipitor now but am looking into alternative therapies....what do you use???

GoodyBrook
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Quoting mommyintraining:

Anyone have any suggestions?? Recently, I had my cholesterol checked due to the good ole family tree and it was bad news...my ldl was 218 and tt was 289. I would rather go natural than be on Lipitor as prescribed to me for the sake of my liver and over all health....any ideas??? I have heard red yeast rice is helpful...I have been taking an omega-5 since forever at night...I use flax seed oil in my diet, eat a healthy clean diet...no fried, processed foods...low carbs...work out 30min-90min 5d/wk...???

confused

Be wary of Red Yeast Rice if you are TTC or pregnant, as it can cause a miscarriage...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN