Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home remedies to start my period? My cyle has been disrupted and is causing me stress >.

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 2150 Total Views

Soooo I've always had an extremely irregular cycle, sometimes skipping months (even a year before) After I had my daughter (4 years ago) I asked to be put on the pill to regulate my cycle (and reduce pregnancy scares in my head) But this last month my insurance was canceled and I wasn't able to get my prescription renewed.

I should have started my peroid sometime with in the last 4 or so days but haven't yet. I have had cramping and slightly brown discharge, mood swings (though my zoloft was also suddenly stopped, which is making me miserable) I felt my cervix and it is soft and open enough for me to actually insert the entire tip of my middle finger into it.

I am a bit nervous as DH and I did have sex twice in the last few weeks with out a condom...and I do not want to have an other baby >.<  It would be a huge relief if my period would just come already, so any suggestions for kick starting things would be wonderful.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BzMama44
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Vitex is an herb you can take in capsule form. Follow the instructions on the bottle and it helps to regulate your cycle. I've has cycles anywhere from 28 days to 54 days and everywhere in between so I can somewhat relate. Vitex is helping. It's a slow working herb that takes time. You can pick it up at a GNC store if you have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCPenny
by Group Owner on Oct. 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You can also try Female Harmony. It regulates your hormones and gets you back to where you should be. You can order it online.

DJLadyK
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM

also I think it's perfectly normal for stress to alter your cycle. therefore meditation, calmness, breathing, can help get your stress back in line.....along with the suggestions above

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN