• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sinus Infection

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 317 Total Views
Anyone know remedies for them other than netti pots?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JCPenny
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Taking Oil of Oregano twice daily for 10 days. Also, you can make a mixture of half apple cider vinegar/ half water and let it simmer on the stove, stand over it and breathe in the steam. That should help.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I recommend using eucalyptus, rosemary, a blend called Breathe, and peppermint. You can apply 1-2 drops of any of these oils right under the nose. You can also diffuse into the air or inhale straight from the bottle. I use Breathe in the shower, just use 3-4 drops on your shower floor and its a nice vapor shower. 

Be careful using oregano as the above post mentioned. Normally that oil needs to be moderately diluted even if your taking it internally 

cali4niachef
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Echinacea and Goldenseal tincture. Nettler & Eye Bright extract too

A "Cure All". Equal parts fresh ginger, horseradish, white onion and garlic steeped in raw ACV for 2wks. drink a few tbsp of the liquid a day. Store at room temp 

Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Maternity & Newborn Photographer, Childbirth Educator, Student Herbalist, Coffee Addict
My Site                            My Facebook Page                               My Etsy Shop

energygirl
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM

we take 500 mg of Vitamin C with each meal and at bedtime.......vitamin C acts like an antibiotic in the body...but only stays in there 3-5 hours...so you have to keep taking it.  (If you took too much...you would get diahrea...and then just back off a few mg) I have had no problems with the 500 mg...and haven't taken antibitics for over 7 years.  my husband gets sinus infections a couple times a year and does the same (but he is over 6 foot so he takes 1000 mg

Energygirl :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)