Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High Blood Pressure

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

Yesterday the ND recommended my DH drink Barely Tea.  He has high blood pressure... I just toasted my first batch today and we're waiting for it to steep.

Can you recommend other natural ways to help lower his BP?  EOs? Supplements?

TIA!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCPenny
by Group Owner on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My SIL lowered her cholesterol and blood pressure naturally by eating a traditional diet of homecooked foods (nothing processed), with lots of good fats (butter, coconut oil, full fat milk) and moderate exercise.

The best coconut oil for health is made by Tropical Traditions. It's their gold label brand.
Mainly, she ate eggs cooked in butter for breakfast. Drank smoothees with coconut milk, or ate veggies for lunch, and her dinners had protein (without hormones or artificial colors, flavors, nitrites, or high fructose corn syrup) with a side of complex carbs and more veggies. She also made bone broth and added that to her cooking.

AromaDrops33
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I've got wonderful essential oils to help regulate blood pressure. Lemon essential oil will help either raise or lower blood pressure as necessary. Ylang Ylang, and Marjoram essential oil can also help regulate.

BATH: place 3 drops Ylang Ylang and 3 drops marjoram in bath water, and bathe in the evening twice a week.

BLEND: combine 10 drops Ylang Ylang, 5 drops marjoram, and 5 drops cypress in 1oz fractionated coconut oil. Rub over the heart, reflex points on the left foot and hand. 

If you'd like more details please feel free to message me!

TiffanyD78
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Moringa Oleifera! Studies have shown that it can lower blood pressure. It goes to show when you put the right nutrition in, your body will self correct. For 3rd party info on Moringa go to www.researchmoringa.com. Studies on this site include John Hopkins university, National Institute of Health, and much more. My family and I have been taking Moringa for a year and a half. Synthetic vitamins are garbage!
GoodyBrook
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting JCPenny:

My SIL lowered her cholesterol and blood pressure naturally by eating a traditional diet of homecooked foods (nothing processed), with lots of good fats (butter, coconut oil, full fat milk) and moderate exercise.

The best coconut oil for health is made by Tropical Traditions. It's their gold label brand.
Mainly, she ate eggs cooked in butter for breakfast. Drank smoothees with coconut milk, or ate veggies for lunch, and her dinners had protein (without hormones or artificial colors, flavors, nitrites, or high fructose corn syrup) with a side of complex carbs and more veggies. She also made bone broth and added that to her cooking.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that full fat milk and butter are considered to be "good fats."  It just seems that eating them would contribute to the problem of high blood pressure and not help regulate it...    I know that it's important to eat as naturally as possible, but years of being told to stay away from full-fat anything is hard to shake!

Do you also make bone broth?  How do you make yours?

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Oh, yes, I make bone broth! I put the bones and some of the meat and skin into the crock pot. Add a little apple cider vinegar. Fill the crock pot with water and let it simmer on low. The chicken stock I do for about 24 hours. The beef stock for about 48 hours. I make crawfish stock for about 8 hours.

The thing with the fats is that you need them. Your heart prefers saturated fat. Your cells are made up of 50% saturated fats. In fact, everything in your body requires some sort of fat. Coconut oil is an amazing source of good fat! But, you can also get it from butter and full fat milk, as long as there's no hormones or antibiotics in them.

energygirl
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I have heard that low calcium levels can cause high blood pressure.......some folks have lowered theirs by juicing vegetables (like leafy greens etc.  on the documentary "Fat Sick and Dead" it showed a difference)  As far as supplements...and I am not which would be helpful (since calcium supplements need other vitamins to help with absorbance etc.)

Energygirl :)
GoodyBrook
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting energygirl:

I have heard that low calcium levels can cause high blood pressure.......some folks have lowered theirs by juicing vegetables (like leafy greens etc.  on the documentary "Fat Sick and Dead" it showed a difference)  As far as supplements...and I am not which would be helpful (since calcium supplements need other vitamins to help with absorbance etc.)

How interesting!  We've been juicing ever since his ND appointment--in fact that day we purchased our juicer!  I'll have to watch that movie again.  I watched it about 2 months ago, and that propted the purchase.

His blood pressure in the past 6 weeks has dropped from 160/120 to 127/87 range.

He's been drinking a juice per day, generally with beet.  Drinking a mug of Barley Tea (2 T roasted hulls) with cornsilk (as a diuretic).  He soaks 2X per week in Epsom Salts with Lemon EO.  And sometimes he'll put Clove EO on his neck.

Whatever he's doing seems to be working!  (Plus we've recieved a decent offer on one of our businesses, so I know some stress is off his plate, as well).

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Dandelion root is good for keeping blood pressure low and in check! Try taking 5 capsules a day and adjusting according to your needs.

TiffanyD78
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
My mom and step dad both lowered their BP by drinking Moringa Oleifera (from Zija.) I've also had a few customers message me saying they are thankful Moringa lowered BP and cholesterol and also have no more joint pain. This stuff is amazing! I no longer have sinus issues. Check out the research www.researchmoringa.com. There is also a Discovery Channel Documentary in Moringa Oleifera. Very informational. If you would like more info, let me know. I would love to help. 😊
new_mom808
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

It's not exactly herbal, but I would look at taking a magnesium supplement. Avacados, dandilion roon, brazil nuts and Almonds are a good source of magnesium. An easy to find, absorbable form is Magnesium Citrate. Avoid magnesium oxide (most common form in supplements) as it's not very easy to absorb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)