Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 258 Total Views
Does anyone else suffer with this, and how do you deal with it? I'm about to start taking Milk of Magnesia every 2 or 3 days, up my yogurt consumption, and quit coffee for a while to see how it works. Anyone have any other suggestions?
For holistic pet food and treats.
Never been recalled!
For a Spa syle home facial at a fraction of the cost.

A great work at home business!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by New Member on May. 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Cut back on your sugar intake.You need to eat as much fiber as you can and get on a god supplement.Send me a message back if you would like my help.I work with a wellness company that can help you with your problem.

by New Member on Jun. 4, 2009 at 11:49 PM
Cut out dairy if you haven't already. I have suffered with this for over 10 years. It hits me at random times now but for the first few years it was constant. I had to cut back on sugar, dairy, fatty food of course, spicy food and believe it or not, nuts. Pretty plain diet...white rice was not good either because it just turns to sugar in your body and that would send my IBS roaring. I used some essential oils in a mixture with body oil and would rub this on my lower stomach at night before bed. It would relax me and help with the anxious feelings that come with IBS. I used ylang ylang, lemongrass and rosemary and mixed it apricot seed oil. Just about 10 drops each in about 6 oz of oil.
by Member on Jun. 5, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Cinnamon is good for digestive problems.

by New Member on Jun. 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Much IBS is a result of gluten.  Maybe you should go have a celiac test.  If it is negative, you should consider an entero labs test.  But if you are having IBS you will probably test positive. 

Many who are gluten intollerant are also sensative to dairy and other foods, like those above.

So, you might do an ELISA/ACT test if you think that you have multiple allergies.  If gone undiagnosed, gluten can cause other food sensativities.

A good whole food supplement that is also helpful is at:

by Member on Jun. 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I have heard that probiotics can help with this a lot!

Best Wishes,
Scarlet- Your source for essential oils, nutritional supplements, and personal care        Shop with me at http://

by New Member on Jun. 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I use to suffer really bad from IBS. It seemed no matter what I did I still couldnt live a normal life. The thing about IBS is that its highly misunderstood and generally, for myself, my family just never could understand why sometimes I HAD to stay home due to the IBS.

I was offered medication from my doctor but I declined. i just do not believe in taking perscriptions unless its a life or death situation.

So I create my own tincture, a powerful herb solution, and have been using it every since.

Property blend is:

turkey rhubarb

milk thistle

burdock rook

yellow dock

I buy the herbs in bulk, its pretty cheap too, and make my own tincture that lasts for a month or two.

I find that this tincture helps my digestive tract produce the "juices" it takes to eliminate waste. It also opened up my cirrculation throughout my body and that gives me more energy throughout the day.  I also use a tincture of dandlion root. This gets rid of any access water in my body and eases the bloating feeling. I finally drink aloe vera juice regulary. Aloe vera sooths the insides like you wouldnt believe .It also is an aide in digestion as well.

Its been about two months and my IBS is finally under control. I hope this helped a little.

Jen boone

by New Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I ahve ahd this since I was a teenager and the meds did not help  and they just kept prescribing mmore andmore till I was taking a daily coctail at 16. ridiculous! At first when it was really bad, I went full on vegitarian and no dairy for a couple weeks. I also dressed my veggies with olive oil (the dark green kind, if its yellow its mixed with other crap) and vinager at least once a day, and sipped a glass of flax tea before bed (just pour boiling water over flax seed adn steep, )

after things calm down I can go back to a prety normal diet adn just sprinkle some flax seed on my salads, its the best .

by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)