• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please help.. my marriage is being shattered.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and I need help!! I'm on anxiety meds and have NOOO sex drive at all and it is shattering my marriage with my husband. We have a good relationship but sex is one of the major factors in a marriage. I was curious if there is anything herbal out there that could possibly help me!! I'm willing to try anything, but I should say I do have high blood pressure but it is completely under control on meds (Ziac). PLEASE HELP SOMEONE. There has to be something out there!

in loveplaying soccer boytoddler boy

Heather and Sean     Sean Jr.              Michael

12-12-2006          7-28-2006           5-2-2008

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jjchez
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I don't know if this will help but about 5 years ago I was on medication for depression/anxiety. I didn't think I needed it b/c I wasn't suicidal or hated life, I just didn't feel like myself sometimes. So I just searched through all the herbal books I could find and I found one the claimed that Gotu Kola was the 'miracle herb'. It heals alot of ailments (see the link below) including, being an anti-stress, anti-anxiety, and an aphrodisiac. All I know is that I tried everything including St Johns Wert (which gave me horrible headaches) and nothing worked but this did. I found it at GNC and I started taking it and it worked for me. As far as your sex drive going down,  most meds. cause your hormones to go crazy so that could be a cause. If nothing else ask your doc. for a different med., one that doesn't lower your libido. Also, when I had this problem I found that reading romance novels keeps me in the mood. Sounds old lady-ish I know but that is what works for me. I am hooked on them. Hope this helps some. Good luck!

http://www.anyvitamins.com/gotu-kola-info.htm

aintitgrand
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

My hubby took Zoloft for a couple of weeks and hated that aspect enough to turn to herbal anxiety meds instead!  We take a product called 'Serenity' at our house and it does as good a good on anxiety as does Zoloft but doesn't interfere with your sex drive at all!   

JCPenny
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Ginseng will up your sex drive.

www.PennysPetPantry.com
For holistic pet food and treats.
Never been recalled!

www.MyHomeFacial.com
For a Spa syle home facial at a fraction of the cost.

A great work at home business!

scarletpao
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM

The other suggestions are all good.  You could also try Joy essential oil  (a few drops on your wrists and neck and feet 3 times a day) as anther natural way of fighting depression.  Also, I truely believe in affirmations.

You might try saying something like

"I love myself and am thankful for each day I have to enjoy my wonderful husband and children."

Something that is postive and uplifting to you.  If it feels false when you are saying it, then say it even more!  Sometimes you have to fake it till you make it!  Really our thoughts affect our outcome so much.  During sex, try saying sexy things out loud.  It may help you feel sexier too!  Louise Hay is a great author on this subject if you are interested.

Best Wishes,  Scarlet
Go green!  Replace harsh chemicals in your house and medicine cabinet with organic essential oils, nutritional supplements, and personal care.   Shop with me at http://
www.youngliving.org/scarlet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)