Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epsom Salts in bath

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 233 Total Views
Hi,
I posted this in the other group, but wanted input from this group as well...we have been using Epsom Salts in Conor's (4 yr old and ASD) bath 4 times about 3-4 days apart and it seems to really rev him up instead of calming and relaxing him.  Anyone else had this happen?  We feel like we have noticed a change the next morning after the bath...speech is clearer, seems happier, less screaming and tantrums.  We have also started a multi-vitamin/mineral and a B6/3/9 tabs in the morning as well.  Maybe all that togather is helping.  I am adding things very slowly, one at a time, I don't want to overwhelm my little guy.
Any thoughts?  Should we be using more salts - less salts - none at all?? 
Thanks!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 2:09 AM
How much salts are you using? 1 cup, half a cup, 1/4 cup? Bath water should be about waist high while he's sitting and about 30 minutes to soak
What do you mean by 'reved up?' How does he act? Maybe once a week in the epsom salts may be better. Give me more details....
ClareMom
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

Well, I use about 3/4 cup in a full baththub of water (about waist high) and he sits in it for 10-15 min.  When he gets out he does a lot of his sensory seeking behavior (running into things, jumping on us, etc) and his scripting seems worse - quotes movies and just babbles for a about an hour before falling asleep.  But he does sleep really well and wakes up happy, so I don't know?  I will try using less salts and farther apart and will report back on how that is going. 

Thanks for the input!!

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 8:17 PM
I was thinking about this and it is quit normal for adverse reactions to happen when detoxing. I think Bubby's mom has a post about using the epsom salts and his back would break out. And she made the comment that it shows the detox is working. It's drawing the toxins out so continue doing what you are doing 3/4 cup to bath but if it bothers you it probably wouldn't hurt to keep it to once or twice a week. It is helping tho...so don't stop. Many people stop detoxing because they see 'worse' symptoms or results and give up too soon without letting it have a chance to work. Detoxing will almost always have adverse effects when begining the process....the toxins have to be released and as time goes on the effects will lessen...it's a process.....like everything else in healing....keep up the good work MOM!Laughing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)