Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***Warning Post ***Don't Use Too Many Supplements***

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:41 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 201 Total Views
I want to address all you moms and maybe dads too. When starting a supplement program on your own do your research first. Plan what supplements you are going to use and don't just start buying stuff without purpose because it's good stuff or sounds good.
Supplements are good BUT too much of a good thing can also be toxic just as any other medication or things are. Be specific what supplement will be used for detox, which one for healing and which one for feeding. There are maximum doses for all things even vitamins, minerals & herbs. When buying products with compound mixtures especially the herbal kind make sure the mixture is compatible with the other things you are doing. Stay away from products like Brightspark that contain harmful natural things like arsenic & harmful narcotic type herbs. If you don't know what an ingredient is google it and see. Also watch the recommended doses on supplements as they are sometimes stronger for one person than another. Some are for grownups and the dosages should be cut to accommodate for a childs size/age. Ask the company you are buying from about the product...if they seem vague then don't buy it, but watch out for the 'overkill' sellers also. Sometimes these products aren't going to be as good as others...again check ingredients. Find supplements that are as pure as posible w/o a lot of added filler ingredients, You want best quality for your money without added 'junk'. I hope I'm not scaring you because it's pretty simple. Just read, research & think things over before you decide. Take time...using these supplements can have immediate results however it also takes time for the body to heal. We just want to give enough of a subtance to help the body along. And 'more' doesn't make things go faster! The rule here less is more. As time goes by start to use less and less, watch to see if symptoms are still gone with the dosages getting smaller. This may take months or years. Eventually the childs body will heal and the body will take over doing the processes by itself. Each child will be different depending on the severity, types of methods used, age of intervention and how dilligent you are doing the routine daily. For those who can afford the metal chelation very fast results can be accomplished, for those who cannot the detox can take longer but it can be done. Back in the early '90s I had very little resources and gave my son very small doses of two products w/o any detoxing and it took 5 years for his fantastic turn around. That's been almost 7 years ago now., he's 17 years old,..wow time flies...he's now taking 1 Super Cell capsule, 1000mg vitC, 500mg VitE, 1000mg FlaxSeedOil & I get him yogurt for his intestines. This is all for his maintenance now...Once you get the symptoms under control then you will be able to use those wonderful parenting skills and just have time to train them up in the ways they should go! One last thing...if you don't at least stick to the Feingold stage 1 and start eating a bunch of bad stuff and don't do a maitenence program after the healing then the body is just going to go down the tubes again. Teach the child to have a lifestyle that includes knowing what to eat and how to keep themselves healthy so they may continue this routine when they leave...well we hope they'll be leaving when their old enough...Laughing
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)