Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI Question

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Does anyone here file for SSI for their children? If so, Have you had alot of problems with their claims?
SSI has messed my sons claim up so bad that they are trying to say that I owe the over $2,000 in overpayments and half of the money they are saying I owe was never even paid to him. He hadnt gotten payments since September of 2008 because I was employed and I started getting money for him this June and it was only half of his normal check! I am so frustrated and I was even thinking of going to the media about it.
Whats everyones thoughts on this? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Amey

We meet twice a month in places that are safe and family friendly where we exchange useable items that we no longer want.  That's it! You bring your items and other members bring theirs.  If you are interested, please check out the group below.
www.ShareoutUSA.com

Also Visit

by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kaysun
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2009 at 1:15 PM

going through the same thing because I made money one moth we have to repay it-not as much as your but still-its so stupid. They have the income wrong even though I made some money my husband made less and it is embarrassing to say what  was on our income taxes-definitely not enough to call for reduction in his payment- or payback trust me.

I guess if you need help with that it is best for you to get a lawyer-who will help sort things out. Also you can appeal their decision.

Dannille33
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM

My daughter was getting SSI till I got remarried. Then they dropped her like a hot pan. I was so upset. Even though I had informed them when I was married  the next day actually they continued sending her SSI checks. Then 2 months later stopped them and sent us a letter saying we owed 4,000 in over payment. I was like what?

If I were you I would contact them again I would also contact a lawyer and get some advice one that deals with SSI and see what they can do. There has to be some loop hole some where. 

That's crappy that they did this and you didn't even get half that money. 

I'm here if you need to talk more. Hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN