Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wire Wrapped Applesauce Cinnamon Heart

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Here is the finished Applesauce Cinnamon Heart Ornament

I cut a piece of gold colored craft wire, 24 ga., folded it in half to make a loop

Next I laid the applesauce cinnamon heart on the wire

Below is the finished back.

Just wrap the wire how you want keeping in mind that when you wrap it has to be in such a way as to keep the wrapped object from falling out. When finished wrapping the ornament then twist the wire around the bottom of the loop.

Below is the front wire wrapped applesauce cinnamon heart

After I wired the heart I added a little frayed bow. 
 Now it's ready to be hung on a Christmas tree, adorn a Christmas package, be a part of a wreath or flower hanging arrangement, or be worn as a pendant.

I'll post pictures as I use the applesauce cinnamon ornaments in different ways.

Applesauce Cinnamon Recipe

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Alieda
by Alieda/Admin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Cool
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Very pretty Yolanda.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Thanks Kathy :)))) I didn't know it when I wire wrapped this but it was the gateway to wire wrapping my sea glass and now I have a signature wrap "Slipper Wrap" or "Sandal Wrap" technique.

Quoting Kathy112761:

Very pretty Yolanda.

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh, those sound like they would be so pretty, do you have a link or pictures of your stuff, I'd love to see what all you have.

Update:  I just found your facebook page....OMG Yolanda, your jewelry is beautiful...love it.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Thanks Kathy :)))) I didn't know it when I wire wrapped this but it was the gateway to wire wrapping my sea glass and now I have a signature wrap "Slipper Wrap" or "Sandal Wrap" technique.

Quoting Kathy112761:

Very pretty Yolanda.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Thanks so much Kathy! Starting about a month ago my youngest daughter Rel is taking over the wire wrapping and seaglass/shell jewelry making and my oldest daughter is making recycled glass jewelry so hopefully I can have more time do other crafts :)))

Quoting Kathy112761:

Ohhh, those sound like they would be so pretty, do you have a link or pictures of your stuff, I'd love to see what all you have.

Update:  I just found your facebook page....OMG Yolanda, your jewelry is beautiful...love it.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

Very pretty Yolanda.

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:39 AM

So sweet! I like the wire look to it...how it surrounds it,then becomes the holder for it...really neat! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)