Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candlesticks

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

These adorable egg candlesticks are from JC's Loft. I will for sure be making a few of these.

http://thecsiproject.com/2011/03/15/easter-candle-holderguest-post-by-jcs-loft/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCSIProject+%28The+CSI+Project%29

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Alieda
by Alieda/Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Cute

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM

That would make a beautiful centerpiece :))))

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Love that!!  I read another neat thing to do with any candles you have... Like for Valentine's Day, get some red/white sugar/pearls to decorate cookies and use to decorate the candles...just brush some Mod Podge around the candle-in a thin or thick strip/strips, or the whole side, then roll the candle in the sugar/pearls and Ta-Da! LOL  It looked really neat. I'll post a pic if I can find it. :)

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM

That sounds really pretty! I can't wait to see the pics of that!

Quoting blessed33:

Love that!!  I read another neat thing to do with any candles you have... Like for Valentine's Day, get some red/white sugar/pearls to decorate cookies and use to decorate the candles...just brush some Mod Podge around the candle-in a thin or thick strip/strips, or the whole side, then roll the candle in the sugar/pearls and Ta-Da! LOL  It looked really neat. I'll post a pic if I can find it. :)

Photobucket

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that would be really pretty.

Quoting SophRichRel:

That sounds really pretty! I can't wait to see the pics of that!

Quoting blessed33:

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

OK, I didn't find yet, the pic on Pinterest of what I was talking about, but I did find the same concept with a pic I found on the site Kathy posted for 31 Valentine crafts...  Just take any candle, and Mod Podge-cover any part of candle you want to do, be it in stripes, the whole thing, dots, etc... anywhere the Mod Podge is, is where you can roll the candle in anything and it will stick to those spots...Some things you could roll the candle in are: herbs, cinnamon, epson salt, crushed glass, glitter, etc...  The idea's are endless! :) 

Here's a pic of a candle that was rolled in epson salt...very pretty!

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful! I want to try this craft! You're right the possibilities are endless! I wanna do the cinnamon and spices and this epsom salt one :)))))

Quoting blessed33:

OK, I didn't find yet, the pic on Pinterest of what I was talking about, but I did find the same concept with a pic I found on the site Kathy posted for 31 Valentine crafts...  Just take any candle, and Mod Podge-cover any part of candle you want to do, be it in stripes, the whole thing, dots, etc... anywhere the Mod Podge is, is where you can roll the candle in anything and it will stick to those spots...Some things you could roll the candle in are: herbs, cinnamon, epson salt, crushed glass, glitter, etc...  The idea's are endless! :) 

Here's a pic of a candle that was rolled in epson salt...very pretty!

Photobucket

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl/Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have wanted to do this one for years then I forget about it.Thanks for the reminder!

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Let us know how it turns out :)

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I have wanted to do this one for years then I forget about it.Thanks for the reminder!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)