Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Egg Carton Valentine Heart ~ Recycle Craft

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 764 Total Views
1 mom liked this

We buy our eggs at Costco so we have these big egg carton trays we throw away every month and everytime I do that I can't help but think what good crafts I can make out of it but it's not Easter yet. i know there's probably a ton of ideas out there and here's just one of them and for a Holiday event coming up soon...Valentine's Day! This is an easy craft to do, fun for kids as well and I like the idea of recycling which really goes hand in hand with crafting. I know I can't save all those egg cartons but at least I can use a couple for my crafts. Any other ideas on egg carton crafts? Please share!

Photobucket

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow-that's awesome! It is amazing what folks come up with and I enjoy seeing it all-so cool!  Wish we had a Cosco...never been to one, but then-that may be a good thing! LOL ;)

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Any school teachers here? This would also be good for kids to make in school :))))

We do a lot of shopping there, they have a shoppers reward system so that by the end of the year when my membership is up it pays for my renewal fee but it is crazy in there! People can get pretty frantic sometimes it is so crowded and it"s a gigantic store! :)))))

Quoting blessed33:

Wow-that's awesome! It is amazing what folks come up with and I enjoy seeing it all-so cool!  Wish we had a Cosco...never been to one, but then-that may be a good thing! LOL ;)

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so cute, your right it would make for a great class art project.

My SIL works for Cosco and my hubby works for Sam's Club. Always good to have these connections for stores like this, especially around any of the holidays.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

That's for sure! Does your Cosco have a craft supplies department?

Quoting Kathy112761:

My SIL works for Cosco and my hubby works for Sam's Club. Always good to have these connections for stores like this, especially around any of the holidays.

kayla4507
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

so cute!

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I think so too! I'm going to do this craft with my 3 1/2 year old grandson. Should be fun! He'll love painting! :)))

Quoting kayla4507:

so cute!

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know for sure. We hardly ever go there. DH prefers we go to Sam's Club, I'll have to check on that. I know they don't at Sam's, but if our Cosco does I may to going there more often.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:29 AM

We don't even have a Michael's here we have Ben Franklin and Wal-Mart :)))

Quoting Kathy112761:

I don't know for sure. We hardly ever go there. DH prefers we go to Sam's Club, I'll have to check on that. I know they don't at Sam's, but if our Cosco does I may to going there more often.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I do most of my craft shopping at Joann's or Michael's. Once in awhile I go to Hobby Lobby, I have also found stuff at Walamrt and Meijers. And I'm sure I'll be shopping more at this new store too. We don't have Ben Franklins here.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM

If we wanna shop at Michael's we have to fly to Oahu and sometimes it's worth it to go and do a lot of stocking up. There's also a really cool Philippino store that sells a lot of stuff made of coconut shells that I really like to go too. Have a Great Crafting Day Today! 

Quoting Kathy112761:

I do most of my craft shopping at Joann's or Michael's. Once in awhile I go to Hobby Lobby, I have also found stuff at Walamrt and Meijers. And I'm sure I'll be shopping more at this new store too. We don't have Ben Franklins here.

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting Kathy112761:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)