Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acorn people

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

Has anyone every made acorn people?  I will find the pictures.  They are really cute and easy to make.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Donna I've never heard of acorn people before. That's why I like groups like this I'm always learning. I did do a google search and found this:

http://acornpies.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-make-acorn-people.html

kbpegasus
by Donna on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I will look on my other sd card for a picture.

kbpegasus
by Donna on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I found them.  As you can see, some of these are not complete.  They need their eyes drawn on.

They look really cute on your tree or as a package decoration.  Will try to organize how I do them and put instructions down for you.

karanmi
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kbpegasus:

I found them.  As you can see, some of these are not complete.  They need their eyes drawn on.

They look really cute on your tree or as a package decoration.  Will try to organize how I do them and put instructions down for you.

These are so cute. Great idea for me to put together for our senior craft day .WE are doing Christmas in July next month I know they would love these. The little mouse on the left is adorable. I love mice ornaments for some reason. 

kbpegasus
by Donna on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

To make acorn people.  You need: acorns, christmas material, pipe cleaners, poly stuffing, needle and thread, hot glue gun, magic marker,( grey felt and grey paint for the mice), spring clothes pins, assorted little packages, stars, etc for them to hold and a small jar cap.  

Trace around cap on back side of material.  Cut out circle.  Using needle and thread, make running stitch around material and gather slightly.  Stuff with poly and tighten and tack.  Cut two pieces of pipe cleaner for arms.  Glue to cloth ball, then glue acorn on its side so it looks like a head.  Using marker make two dots for eyes.  Glue onto clothes pin and glue decoration between its "hands".  

For mice, use cap and make circle on grey felt.  Paint the acorn, excluding the cap, grey.  Cut felt circle in half.  Bring two corners of the half circle together and glue one to each side of acorn for ears.  Use grey pipe cleaners for arms.

They make up pretty fast and really look cute on the tree.  Enjoy!

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM

These are adorable! Do you collect the acorns yourself? I will trade you some of these for some seaglass angels :)))

Quoting kbpegasus:

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM

This is an awesome tute! :)))

Quoting kbpegasus:

To make acorn people.  You need: acorns, christmas material, pipe cleaners, poly stuffing, needle and thread, hot glue gun, magic marker,( grey felt and grey paint for the mice), spring clothes pins, assorted little packages, stars, etc for them to hold and a small jar cap.  

Trace around cap on back side of material.  Cut out circle.  Using needle and thread, make running stitch around material and gather slightly.  Stuff with poly and tighten and tack.  Cut two pieces of pipe cleaner for arms.  Glue to cloth ball, then glue acorn on its side so it looks like a head.  Using marker make two dots for eyes.  Glue onto clothes pin and glue decoration between its "hands".  

For mice, use cap and make circle on grey felt.  Paint the acorn, excluding the cap, grey.  Cut felt circle in half.  Bring two corners of the half circle together and glue one to each side of acorn for ears.  Use grey pipe cleaners for arms.

They make up pretty fast and really look cute on the tree.  Enjoy!

"My children are my motivation to become a better person. My children motivate me to continue to learn, to get up when I've been knocked down, and to be persistent in my endeavors!"

kbpegasus
by Donna on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SophRichRel:

These are adorable! Do you collect the acorns yourself? I will trade you some of these for some seaglass angels :)))

Quoting kbpegasus:

Acorns are in abundance on my farm!  I have to have them picked up in the fields because they are poison to the horses.  Did you want just the acorns or did you want the finished ones or both?  Let me know.  I would gladly send them out to you.   I am also willing to trade too.  Let me know what you want and pm me your address.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I would love to have 1 made by you as a keepsake and maybe 10 acorns for the craft projects that we're gonna do for our Christmas tree this year. I Love that it comes from your farm so it's super special. The seaglass I'll be using for the angels is white and my family and I collect it here on our beaches on Maui. I have to make the angels so I hope you can give me about 2 weeks, maybe faster cause my grandsons are away so it gives me more time :)))

Thanks so much! I will pm you my address and can you give me yours to?

EXCITED! :)))

Quoting kbpegasus:

Quoting SophRichRel:

Quoting kbpegasus:

Acorns are in abundance on my farm!  I have to have them picked up in the fields because they are poison to the horses.  Did you want just the acorns or did you want the finished ones or both?  Let me know.  I would gladly send them out to you.   I am also willing to trade too.  Let me know what you want and pm me your address.

Photobucket

Justify
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

These are way beyond CUTE !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)