Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Copper Hoop Puka Shell Earrings

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 185 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Here are a pair of hoop earrings I made with copper wire and puka shells. Puka shells are very popular in Hawaii and because of that they are very hard to find, meaning they can still be found but not as plentiful as in say the 60s and 70s.

If you like these hoop earrings and would like to know how to make it I posted a tutorial. Just click on HERE to go to the tutorial.

Puka Shell Copper Wire Hoops by naturalmaui on Etsy, $8.99

"My children are my motivation to become a better person. My children motivate me to continue to learn, to get up when I've been knocked down, and to be persistent in my endeavors!"

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl/Head Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful!

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Chery! The puka shells can be replaced with any beads too :)))

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Beautiful!

"My children are my motivation to become a better person. My children motivate me to continue to learn, to get up when I've been knocked down, and to be persistent in my endeavors!"

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

so pretty, but then everything you do is.

kbpegasus
by Donna on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

They are lovely.,  Yes, I remember when they used to be so popular in the 60's and 70's.  They are really a beautiful shell.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Thank you Kathy! And you as well! You got a lot of compliments on the balloon wreath you made. :)))

Quoting Kathy112761:

so pretty, but then everything you do is.

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh, great, I'm glad everyone liked it. And thank you.

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

They were so cute, they never saw a craft like that before so they would go up and say "are those little balloons?" and I would say "yes" and they would go "Wow!" LOL!

Quoting Kathy112761:

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That to funny.  laughing

Quoting SophRichRel:

They were so cute, they never saw a craft like that before so they would go up and say "are those little balloons?" and I would say "yes" and they would go "Wow!" LOL!

Quoting Kathy112761:

SophRichRel
by Yolanda/Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Donna! :))) I have some big ones too saving for my son. Sunrise shells are all the rage now.

Quoting kbpegasus:

They are lovely.,  Yes, I remember when they used to be so popular in the 60's and 70's.  They are really a beautiful shell.

PattyinNV
by Patty on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Ooooh soooo very pretty. I love earrings and shells, so they're perfect to me.

I still have my shell earrings with a wooden bead in between the shells and I still wear them.

Quoting kbpegasus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)