Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simple Headband

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 140 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am excited to show you a super, simple way to bring some green into your outfit on St. Patrick's Day, without overdoing it.
The best thing about this headband is that you can make it the morning of St. Patrick's Day when you realize you have nothing to make you pinch proof! Another great thing, is that it isn't permanent. You can easily use a headband you already love for this project and undo it after the holiday!

For this headband, you need...
#tutorial #diy #headband
*Tulle, ribbon, or fabric in 2 different colors of green
*Headband
*Scissors
#diy #tutorial #st #patrick's #day
Cut your material into strips that are about 4-5 inches long.
#easy #tutorial #how #to
Tie your material in a knot around the headband.
#diy #tutorial #quick #easy #fast
Tie more of your material on the headband, alternating colors, until you have it as wide as you want it to be.
#tutorial #kid #craft #diy
Trim off excess material so that it isn't all over the place.
#simple #easy #tutorial #diy
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Alieda
by Alieda/Admin on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute but I probably would have take the tulle all the way a cross the bend. I also love the scissors so pretty.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Alieda:

Cute but I probably would have take the tulle all the way a cross the bend. I also love the scissors so pretty.

That would be cute as well, I think as with almost any craft you can make it become your own creation.

Kathy112761
by Kathy/Owner on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have to agree, their are so many possiblities to make it your own.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting Alieda:

That would be cute as well, I think as with almost any craft you can make it become your own creation.

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That's cute...as I was looking at it, I thought it would also be pretty to do it in white, some extra's on it, as a bride's head piece. :) Very versitle.  And that's a cool looking scissors! Wonder where you can get those from-neat.

suziejax
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

so simple so cute! Wow

clowry02
by Chrissy/Admin on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

so cute

PattyinNV
by Patty on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Oh yea ALL the way around.  Great minds think alike.  hehe

Love the flowers on your scissors, did you do that yourself?

Quoting Alieda:

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Quoting blessed33:

That's cute...as I was looking at it, I thought it would also be pretty to do it in white, some extra's on it, as a bride's head piece. :) Very versitle.  And that's a cool looking scissors! Wonder where you can get those from-neat.

I think it would be pretty in any and all colors, make it be whatever you want it to be.

Isn't it fun to see like the scissors and yes, I wondered where they came from as well, but there are places all over the country that seem to have a lot more stuff then we do in my neck of the woods.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Quoting PattyinNV:

Oh yea ALL the way around.  Great minds think alike.  hehe

Love the flowers on your scissors, did you do that yourself?

Quoting Alieda:

Those aren't mine they were in the picture I pulled off of the internet. But they are cool huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)