Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here is my tulle wreath

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 124 Total Views

No decorations on it because I have a lovely quilted shamrock that I put in the center.  

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
clowry02
by Chrissy/Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM

that's pretty

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM

That's so neat! You did really good with it!  I got some tulle and a wired wreath....how much tulle did you use? Is it tied onto the wreath like latch-hook rugs?  How long and wide are the strips you cut?  I want to make mine but need some directions...and I only have green tulle, but am getting another two colors to use with it, this weekend.  Thx! :)

kbpegasus
by Donna on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Quoting blessed33:

That's so neat! You did really good with it!  I got some tulle and a wired wreath....how much tulle did you use? Is it tied onto the wreath like latch-hook rugs?  How long and wide are the strips you cut?  I want to make mine but need some directions...and I only have green tulle, but am getting another two colors to use with it, this weekend.  Thx! :)

I used an old embroidery hoop for this one.  The hoop is 12 inches.  The length of the tulle was 14 inch strips.    I took each strip folded it in half and looped it around on the hoop.  (be sure all the loops face the same way.)  Push them together so they have no space inbetween.  I used a piece of green ribbon attached the same way as the tulle for a hanger.  It took 2 1/2 spools of green tulle and a few pieces of white and light green.  BTW, the tulle with the glitter gets every where!  Also, some tulles with glitter are stiffer.  I had to cut the strips in half lengthwise first before I folded each one through the hoop.  

Does that help?

PattyinNV
by Patty on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Very pretty, great job!
michelle623
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Pretty! :)

zboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Pretty!  Where's the shamrock?

blessed33
by Michelle/Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Yes, thanks very much! :)

Quoting kbpegasus:

Quoting blessed33:

I used an old embroidery hoop for this one.  The hoop is 12 inches.  The length of the tulle was 14 inch strips.    I took each strip folded it in half and looped it around on the hoop.  (be sure all the loops face the same way.)  Push them together so they have no space inbetween.  I used a piece of green ribbon attached the same way as the tulle for a hanger.  It took 2 1/2 spools of green tulle and a few pieces of white and light green.  BTW, the tulle with the glitter gets every where!  Also, some tulles with glitter are stiffer.  I had to cut the strips in half lengthwise first before I folded each one through the hoop.  

Does that help?

kbpegasus
by Donna on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting zboys:

Pretty!  Where's the shamrock?

I took it off when I took the picture.  It is really very pretty.  Will try to get a shot of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)