Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed and Depressed

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

My husband and I have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant but we have had no luck. Every month I keep thinking it happened and every month another disappointment. I am stressed out all the time cause of it and each time I get my period I get more and more depressed. I am scared to go to the doctor cause I dont want to find that something is wrong. Any advice? Could it be the stress?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mbuehl08
by Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM
and you have tracked your ovulation days and do it on everyday it says? if you cant get pregnant on your ovulation days then you really do need to go to the doctor and it will be a good thing because then you will know whats going on even if you need to resort to fertility treatments as one of my friends has. maybe its not you but your hubbys sperm as thats why my friend couldnt get pretgnant without fertility treatments

Much love, Melissa

expecting girl

Mommy8271120
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM

It could be the stress. I would go see the doctor. Maybe s/he could give you tips too.

~If God wanted us all to be them same, He wouldn't have made us so different.

brat247
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Thanks for the advice. I need to suck it up and just go to the doctor. I know the problem has to be with me because my husband has other children. I guess I am streesed more because my stepson finally came around and wants a baby sister and my parents have been hinting at a grandchild. Thanks again.

happy halloween

berberry06
by Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM

It took me 8 months to get pregnant with my girl.. I though i was tracking my ovulation and all that good stuff.  The month we conceived I actually used an OPK and found out that i was actually ovulating a week later than i thought and that is probably why it took so long. Most doctors wont see you until you have tried for at least one year.  I bet the stress has something to do with it too.  It will happen least when you expect!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
misslibbie
by Member on Oct. 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Stress will do it.  Last year I tried and tried to get pregnant.  I did in June and then had a very early miscarriage.  We tried again until September since I wanted a Spring baby and I didn't want my kids B-days to be so close together.  I ended up getting pregnant the next month in October and had my girl the day after my sons birthday!  It never happens how you plan it and if you stress yourself out it makes it much harder on your body.  The body is built so that when stress hormones are released it is more difficult to get pregnant.  It makes sense really because your body doesn't know why you are stressed, just that you are and that that isn't an optimal time to have a baby.  Good Luck mama!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/misslibbie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)