• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

My name is Courtney. I'm 20 && married to the love of my life. I have 1 son named Eric. He will be turning 4 in March. Ever since I found out I was pregnant with him I knew I wanted a little girl I mean really who doesn't? Now I have been on the shot for 3 yrs. my last shot was in Oct. ever since I got off I haven't got my period. I go to the doctors Monday to see if I'm pregnant or if its just because I'm under alot of stress. Well now here's my problem: My DH's side is full of boys the only girls are his mom && sister other then that its him, his 2 brothers, his dad && his 3 nephews plus our son. I'm scared that I will never get my little girl because of that. So I've been looking online to see what I can do to make sure I get my little girl but I haven't found anything besides eating chocolate lol So I'm hoping this group will help me && guide me to my little girl.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kaybean
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Hi there and welcome to the group! First of all, I've heard that if you're on the shot, it can take months to get your period back. The longer you're on the shot, the more likely your period will take awhile to come back. Its only been 3 months since you got off it and you were on it for 3 yrs so I wouldn't be too overly concerned, but its a good idea to go see the dr about it just in case. As far as conceiving a girl, I haven't even heard of chocolate being a girl food lol. There is so much more out there you can do. I'll try to make this short. You want to have sex 3-4 days before you ovulate (you will need to track your ovulation for a few months before TTC), you want to be on top, have no orgasm, you want your dh to take a hot shower immediately before sex, you want to take magnesium and calcium supplements, stay away from a lot of potassium and sodium, and test your ph (you can buy ph strips on ebay). You want your ph to read between 4-4.5 to conceive a girl because anything higher won't kill off male sperm, and anything lower is too acidic. If your ph is still reading too high after changing your diet and taking supplements, then you can try the lime solution in your vagina. You can look up more info on all of this if you search through posts.

Mommy8271120
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It can take a long time to get your period back after the shot. You were on it a long time. Start tracking your cycles and good luck!

supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Mommy8271120:

It can take a long time to get your period back after the shot. You were on it a long time. Start tracking your cycles and good luck!

Thanks. yeah I'm going to keep track I went to the doctors today && they said it was stress since next month is 1 yr since my dad died so I'm on the pill now just to it back on track plus I get really bad cramps but it will be awhile before we try to have another. But I'm hoping to get tips from this group so when we do try I will know what I need to do to get my little girl I long for

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)