Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No morning sickness=boy?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 526 Total Views

So I am ten weeks now and have not had any morning sickness, does this mean I am having another boy??  I didn't have any sickness with my son either.  Please tell me that the lack of morning sickness with boys is just a myth....

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajzuell
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I have 5boys and no girl "yet".   I was VERY SICK with BOYS 1,2,&3 and wasn't sick with boys 4&5.   So I think it's like they say every pregnancy is different.  Goodluck hope you get your girl!  Did you do anything to increase your chances of conceiving a girl? 

AidanCamsMom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I am 29 weeks pregnant with a girl and I had no morning sickness. Don't lose hope just because of that! I actually didn't have really any symptoms at all with this pregnancy other than EXTREME moodiness! :) 

busymomwithboys
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM

not necessarly..... theres still hope :)  i have a friends whos preg w/ dd#2 and has had no sickness with either....... GL!!!

mamagoose718
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I have 2 boys. I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms with my first.  But with my second, I had severe morning sickness.  I think just every pregnancy is different.

mom3bc
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:13 PM

It was usually a pattern for me, with all my boys I was SICK. 

myfamilymylife2
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

When I was pregnant with my baby girl, I had hardly any morning sickness at all. I only had nausea for about 3 weeks and that was it!

SexyMomma06
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:51 AM

My step-mom thought that because she had morning sickness with her second son that he was a she... so... I think its a myth!

ray1
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM

It's a myth!! I was extremely sick with my son, and I was sick with this pregnancy (a girl) for quite awhile...

Every pregnancy is different, and you can drive yourself crazy with all of the "girl/boy predictors". Just try and relax and enjoy the lack of morning sickness!!

maryo630
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

My first pregnancy with my first son, i didn't have that bad of sickness. My second son i had the worst sickness. Certain smells would send me running for the toilet. At 13 weeks with my second i was in the grocery store when a wave of dizzyness/the worst migrane ever came over me. I thought i was going to faint/die whatever. I almost had the store call an ambulance but i held my cool. I left the store and drove myself to the hospital. I started to see black fire flies with my eye sight. At the ER they gave me morphine for the headache,ran a bunch of tests,took spinal fluid even.They couldn't find anything out of the ordinary ,other than it being strond hormones and the baby probably being a girl.     Every pregnancy is different.  I'm pregnant for the third time now and so far i've had queasiness,light headaches,food cravings for spinach,grilled onions, mushrooms,lol. Smell's aren't really getting to me like the last pregnancy but it could be too soon to tell and i've had major exhaustion.   Everyone i know says it's a boy because i look like a boy maker.  :(   No one has hope for me having a daughter. I guess we will see in August when i get an U/S.

ardiaxe
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM

The only thing I really did was drink lots of cranberry juice and think pink of course :) Thank you for your response, I can't wait to find out if the cranberry juice had any effect, I will post back.

Quoting ajzuell:

I have 5boys and no girl "yet".   I was VERY SICK with BOYS 1,2,&3 and wasn't sick with boys 4&5.   So I think it's like they say every pregnancy is different.  Goodluck hope you get your girl!  Did you do anything to increase your chances of conceiving a girl? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)