Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Pink Sway Plans

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 2614 Total Views

Okay, figured I would share my sway plans with you and see if anyone had any to add on my 7 factors or anything. In reality I am not doing all 7 factors, but this is what I am doing for my first attempt next month, and then second attempt in august.

1. Supplements: Cant really take much. I am pumping for my youngest still so I have to be careful, although I think I am going to be at least taking them in small, safe, amounts. It may not help much but its worth a try.

2. Diet: Bye bye bananas, red meat, sugar, sodium and potassium. I will miss you! Hello milk, and calcium rich foods, as well as strawberries, raspberries, etc and a HUGE hello to CRYSTAL LIGHT!!!! (also crystal light goes under PH)

3. Timing: Since I am pumping I have to do O+12. Going for a 6+ day cut off for DF. Die boy spermies, DIE! Will be cervix checking every day from end of AF on. Will also be taking ovulation tests to pinpoint o+12 starting the day AF goes away. No big O for me, vinegar douche to wash away cervical mucus before attempt. I think we will try diva cup and turkey baster combined (and no you dont actually use a turkey baster lol)So thats splime (sperm and lime to lower PH) in the diva cup and TBM up to the cervix and inserting diva cup after splime with CM checks every 30 minutes for 4 hours and after 4 hours lime tampon for the next 8... which leads into...

4: PH!!!! I will be ordering my PH strips next week from ebay, and will be testing my cervical mucus every day from the last day of AF to the day after attempt.

I think I need to get more serious this time, since my last sway (but first attempt at swaying) ended in baby boy # 3. Time for pink, dang it! How does it look? Anyone have anything to add?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2pittsburghboys
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Quoting AndreaAKAMommy:

Okay, figured I would share my sway plans with you and see if anyone had any to add on my 7 factors or anything. In reality I am not doing all 7 factors, but this is what I am doing for my first attempt next month, and then second attempt in august.

1. Supplements: Cant really take much. I am pumping for my youngest still so I have to be careful, although I think I am going to be at least taking them in small, safe, amounts. It may not help much but its worth a try.  What supplements are you taking and how much..I am in your boat as well and was curious as to what and how much you can actually take when nursing/pumping...

2. Diet: Bye bye bananas, red meat, sugar, sodium and potassium. I will miss you! Hello milk, and calcium rich foods, as well as strawberries, raspberries, etc and a HUGE hello to CRYSTAL LIGHT!!!! (also crystal light goes under PH)

3. Timing: Since I am pumping I have to do O+12.  Why O+12 when pumping why does this make a difference I am curious myself..as you can see my last sway resulted in Baby Boy #3  as well :)  Going for a 6+ day cut off for DF. Die boy spermies, DIE! Will be cervix checking every day from end of AF on. Will also be taking ovulation tests to pinpoint o+12 starting the day AF goes away. No big O for me, vinegar douche to wash away cervical mucus before attempt. Can you actually change DH Ph other than with lime...Diet?? or Supplements?? I think we will try diva cup and turkey baster combined (and no you dont actually use  a turkey baster lol)So thats splime (sperm and lime to lower PH) in the diva cup and TBM up to the cervix and inserting diva cup after splime with CM checks every 30 minutes for 4 hours and after 4 hours lime tampon for the next 8... which leads into...

4: PH!!!! I will be ordering my PH strips next week from ebay, and will be testing my cervical mucus every day from the last day of AF to the day after attempt.

I think I need to get more serious this time, since my last sway (but first attempt at swaying) ended in baby boy # 3. Time for pink, dang it! How does it look? Anyone have anything to add? I am feeling the same way with 3 Boys and praying for Pink...This might be my last chance and I want more than anything to complete my family with a little girl...I wish you all the Pink Dust in the World...

hj00
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Is your DH taking any supps?

maryo630
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I think your Dh should definately take supplements and steps to sway also.

2pittsburghboys
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM

My plan is very similar to OP but as you may have seen in an earlier reply I still have many questions.....I see you are telling her to have DH take supplements as well.....What kinda supplements should DH be taking???

Quoting maryo630:

AndreaAKAMommy
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM
I have to read it again on IG but I will get back to you on that as far as safe supp. amounts while pumping. I forgot to add that he is going to take supps, I just dont know how much he will be willing to take yet, he didnt like that last time, and after all the work we blew it on one night of fun (for both of us) with a hazy O reading. Oops! Oh well, I love my lil guy:)Will be taking cranberry and calcium at least. We will see how far I can get him to go LOL O+12 for pumping is because your cycles may not be completely regular still, and if your cycles are not perfectly regular and predictable then O+12 is the way to go, since you know it when you ovulate it isnt a "guess" like a cutoff. You cant change their PH with anything besides supplements, diet and (after you have the sperm) lime. He is a HEAVY coffee drinker and refuses to do more than "cut down" so taking it into my own hand with making the splime, KWIM?
AndreaAKAMommy
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Supplements that are most important are cranberry, calcium and magnesium.

2pittsburghboys
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Awesome...Sounds good to me..I am still working on DH I know he wants a Daddy's little girl but I don't know how far he is willing to go..like you the last sway about killed him and all we did was shettles...I didn't research it as well and didn't realize there is much more than timing involved...but like you I LOVE MY Lil GUY and wouldn't change it for the world....As far as I am concerned he was meant to be mine and I am meant to have my boys first cause had I had a Boy and then a Girl I would have less likely to have more children so I figure once I have my princess it will tell me my family is complete :)   Thanks again for the info and keep us updated on your sway..I think I am going to start when my next cycle starts I figure I better get all the bad habits out of the way between now and then ( Soda, Salty Food, Red Meat...You know all the good stuff..lol)

Quoting AndreaAKAMommy:

I have to read it again on IG but I will get back to you on that as far as safe supp. amounts while pumping. I forgot to add that he is going to take supps, I just dont know how much he will be willing to take yet, he didnt like that last time, and after all the work we blew it on one night of fun (for both of us) with a hazy O reading. Oops! Oh well, I love my lil guy:)Will be taking cranberry and calcium at least. We will see how far I can get him to go LOL O+12 for pumping is because your cycles may not be completely regular still, and if your cycles are not perfectly regular and predictable then O+12 is the way to go, since you know it when you ovulate it isnt a "guess" like a cutoff. You cant change their PH with anything besides supplements, diet and (after you have the sperm) lime. He is a HEAVY coffee drinker and refuses to do more than "cut down" so taking it into my own hand with making the splime, KWIM?

maryo630
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Quoting 2pittsburghboys:

My plan is very similar to OP but as you may have seen in an earlier reply I still have many questions.....I see you are telling her to have DH take supplements as well.....What kinda supplements should DH be taking???

Quoting maryo630:

Husband take

licorice root  450mg 3 times a day- lowers testosterone and raises estrogen (this is good for dh not for dw).  Only have him take from your af to O.  He needs the 2ww for a break.  Can only take for up to 6 months then he needs a 2 week break (have him follow this 2 week break after the 2ww break so he will total a 4 week break).  There are some risks.  Read this

Calcium  citrate (1200 mg  a day) can take from your af to af (or stop at your o to save money)  calcium lowers pH in dh and helps x sperm

Magnesium (300 a day combined with diet!) can take from your af to af (or stop at your o to save money) 

Acidilophis (2 a day)  take from af to OThis is taken to lower pH.  side effects:  this is a funny supplment.  Either it will lower your pH dramaticaly or you will raise it.  It is different for different people

Cranberry (total of 1,500 to 10,000 mg a day if possible.  This is based on equal to fresh fruit equivalent.. not amount on bottle.  This part can be tricky.  So, 10,000 ml equivalent to fresh fruit) take from af to O  can take from your af to af (or stop at your o to save money) this is taken to lower pH side effect: blood thinner.. see above

maryo630
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I  read hubby should stay away from caffiene  a few hours before you BD. Caffiene causes the male sperm faster swimmers. 

AndreaAKAMommy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Quoting maryo630:

I  read hubby should stay away from caffiene  a few hours before you BD. Caffiene causes the male sperm faster swimmers. 

This is a big problem in my house lol I can convince him for the attempt but thats IT. lol

If you were to pick his supplements that are most important, rate them 1-4 for me so he gets the most important stuff since I dont think he will go for all of that, how would you rate them? I thought cranbery and calcium was most important?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)