Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those with all boys a question

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

I have 6boys and i want to know do any of you hear your son(s) ask Mommy why can't we have a sister? My boys ask that but it gets to me more when my 4yr old ask that. I get so teary eyed&emotional when he ask that.  I kind of  feel like a failure. I know not only me &my DH but our boys finally would like a little girl around here.  I just tell him God wanted me to have boys and maybe one day He will give us a baby girl.  Does anyone else boys ask that? What do you tell them?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
busymomwithboys
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:21 AM
I know how you feel... im told baby #3 is a boy... my 5yr old had a complete meltdown in the ultrasound room when the dr told us... I would give my left arm to have a girl. I handled the news this time great however when we go for #4 and if we end up with another boy ill be fine ofcourse but being that imsure dh will def not go for baby #5 ill be super dissapointed
maryo630
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Oh yeah , My almost 6 year old would love a little sister!   He always says," Mom, I want a sister. " I tell him , " It's up to God."    I would love for him to have a little sister but unfortunately, I don't want any babies at the moment.   3 Boys is a handful !! I cannot  picture a 4th anytime soon.   I would jump off a bridge.     Our house is a two bedroom rental and my marriage is in the dumps.  I'm putting off having that last one for a few years or until i divorce and remarry a real man.  :)  

2pittsburghboys
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM
oh my goodness they ask ALL the time for a sister even my 2 yr old is saying Mommy have a sissy.because he hears the older ones say it. They actually told me DS #3 was a girl and when they determined it was infact boy #3 my oldest cried hystarically for over an hour it was aweful. They tell me all the time how they pray for a sister and it tears me up. I just pray God sees how much our family wants a girl and someday he blesses us with a healthy baby girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidansmommy0615
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:50 PM

My oldest turned 4 in June.  He is always telling me "Mommy, I want a sissy to play with"  or "Mommy, put a baby in your belly so I can play with my sissy.  It breaks my heart.  To make it even worse, when we go clothes shopping for my 14 month old, Aidan is always picking out the cutest little girl outfits saying telling me that they are for his sissy when she comes.  I so hope we are blessed next summer with a little girl to fill that 'void' that seems to be in our family =(

ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Thanks ladies  I pray you all get your baby girls someday! I'm glad to know i'm not alone in this with my feelings. 

jenzachsam
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:02 AM

My oldest doesn't want me to bring home another boy period!  He's cool with it if I brought him home a girl, because she won't play with his toys like his lil brothers do.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)