Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3boys--TTC a GIRL for #4 *Got our BFP*First Ultrasound 9/21/12**NT Scan 10/1/12**Gender Scan 12/6/12**ITS A GIRL!!!!!*

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
  • 66 Replies
  • 5507 Total Views

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jen :) Im happily married and we have 3 Gorgeous Boys <3 We are TTC baby#4 and we are hoping and praying for a GIRL. We will be happy either way but figured we could sway things in our favor.. atleast alittle :) Ive heard almost everything out there but DH and I sat down and decided on which methods we were going to try..

We decided to start by timing my cycles.(Started charting July2011) My cycles were irregular every month but ovulated around the same day. I also decided to try the diet. I increased my calcium and lowered my salt intake. Also cut out red meat and potassium. We also tried position (shallow penetration) with no orgasm for myself. Lastly we decided to BD everyday after AF until 3.5-4days before ovulation with DH taking a hot shower before BD.

After 5months of charting we have officially tried for the first time this month! If it doesnt happen we will try again next month but we are still hoping for the best :)

My AF started Nov14th and ended Nov18th(CD1-CD5). We BD everyday but.. with no orgasm for me from Nov24th(CD11)-Nov29th(CD16). I recieved a +OPK on Dec3rd(CD20) at 8pm(tested multiple times that day). Temp.shift (increase/rise) Dec4th(CD21)with a -OPK Indicating ovulation took place on Dec3rd(CD20)(72-96hours after last BD).(Fertility Friend Charting). My temp keeps rising everyday.. Im currently on CD28--8DPO..

I will update when I get my AF or a +HPT :) <--First Attempt November14th-December16th, 2011 UPDATE made Dec17th in replies

*UPDATE made on January6th-13th in replies* <--Second Attempt December17th, 2011-January13th, 2012(6th month of charting)

*UPDATE for cycle#7 made Feb16th in replies <--January14th-Feb15th

*UPDATE for cycle#8 made March23rd <--Feb16th-March22nd

*UPDATE for cycle#9 made April27th <--March23rd-April25th

*Update for cycle#10 made June3rd <--April26th-June2nd

*Update for cycle#11 made July22nd <--June3rd-July4th

*UPDATE for cycle#12 made August6th in replies<--July5th-Aug3rd *Got our BFP* *EDD April 11th, 2013*

First Ultrasound-Vaginal U/S-baby measuring 11wks 1day-Heartbeat 160-Everything looks good :)

MORE ULTRASOUND PICTURES (NT SCAN) 10/1/12-Baby measuring right on at 12wks 4days-Heart rate was 160 and everything looks good :) -ABDOMINAL SCAN

**I will update when we find out the gender :) Tons of baby dust to all!!!**(Gender Scan set for December 6th, 2012)

*UPDATE* After 3boys.. WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!!!

Makayla Riley :)

*UPDATE April 15th Pg6--Newborn pics :)

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3boysngirl
by Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM
3 moms liked this

i have 3 boys and had my dd without sway i just prayed g/l

Jennifer2787
by Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Thank you :)

ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I am no help(i have all boys 6) but wanna wish you goodluck!  I did do LOTS of praying hard down on my knees crying& praying but i guess God had others plans for me for now but i am hopeful someday i tell myself if God sees fit.

ArmyWife0927
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 3boysngirl:

i have 3 boys and had my dd without sway i just prayed g/l

Same here only I have 2 boys. Expecting my little girl any day now. GL op!

CafeMom Tickers

FINAL SCORE
Boys: 2 Girls:1

TristinRyder
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!! I am in the same boat...I have three perfect and healthy little boys who I cherish.....but I would love a daughter!!! This is our third month trying....I will be able to test in about 7 or 8 days.  I really wanted to try to sway more but I did decrease salt and red-meat and BD'd missionary and no orgasm so we shall see.

Good luck to you....we should keep in touch for moral support if you want!

connorsmama06
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We are having our first girl after two boys. We did nothing different. I just prayed hard for her.

Jennifer2787
by Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Thanks ladies! The hubby and I prayed ALOT for a girl when we were trying for our 2nd and 3rd instead we got two wonderful boys.. and I wouldnt change it! So we figured we would add a few swaying methods to the praying just to see if itll work or if god has other plans for me and my family. Its more for fun then anything else :) My husband jokes that were makin a football team over here :) Im currently on CD31.. 11DPO. My average cycle is 32days.. So we will see :)

Chillisarah
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

baby dust

zionsmom1
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 boys and my one girl :) I joined this group before knowing I was preggo then ended up preggo and to my surprise it was a girl. The only thing different I did was position. I can't confirm thats the reason I had my girl but all I know was conceived ummm tmi alert tmi alert!! (doggy) my 2nd was missionary and I know exactly when daughter was conceived and I was on top! supposedly girl sperm works harder and boys usually are faster and don't do as well up stream in my case that proved true. (from what I read) also I thought heat wasn't good when trying to conceive a girl such as hot tubs or hot showers right before???

Jennifer2787
by Member on Dec. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Im not sure where i read ab the hot shower before hand.. i have it in my "notes" i took when i read things online, E books, shettles book, etc.. Ill go back and double check and confirm later where i got that information :) ... 

CD32 came and went with NO AF took a pregnancy test when i woke up on CD33(13DPO).. Negative. Woke up this morning (CD34) to the horrible AF lol.. So our first attempt was a bust but we will keep trying and Ill keep updating.. This cycle Ill do the same as last cycle but maybe change a few things.. not sure yet :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)