Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3boys--TTC a GIRL for #4 *Got our BFP*First Ultrasound 9/21/12**NT Scan 10/1/12**Gender Scan 12/6/12**ITS A GIRL!!!!!*

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jen :) Im happily married and we have 3 Gorgeous Boys <3 We are TTC baby#4 and we are hoping and praying for a GIRL. We will be happy either way but figured we could sway things in our favor.. atleast alittle :) Ive heard almost everything out there but DH and I sat down and decided on which methods we were going to try..

We decided to start by timing my cycles.(Started charting July2011) My cycles were irregular every month but ovulated around the same day. I also decided to try the diet. I increased my calcium and lowered my salt intake. Also cut out red meat and potassium. We also tried position (shallow penetration) with no orgasm for myself. Lastly we decided to BD everyday after AF until 3.5-4days before ovulation with DH taking a hot shower before BD.

After 5months of charting we have officially tried for the first time this month! If it doesnt happen we will try again next month but we are still hoping for the best :)

My AF started Nov14th and ended Nov18th(CD1-CD5). We BD everyday but.. with no orgasm for me from Nov24th(CD11)-Nov29th(CD16). I recieved a +OPK on Dec3rd(CD20) at 8pm(tested multiple times that day). Temp.shift (increase/rise) Dec4th(CD21)with a -OPK Indicating ovulation took place on Dec3rd(CD20)(72-96hours after last BD).(Fertility Friend Charting). My temp keeps rising everyday.. Im currently on CD28--8DPO..

I will update when I get my AF or a +HPT :) <--First Attempt November14th-December16th, 2011 UPDATE made Dec17th in replies

*UPDATE made on January6th-13th in replies* <--Second Attempt December17th, 2011-January13th, 2012(6th month of charting)

*UPDATE for cycle#7 made Feb16th in replies <--January14th-Feb15th

*UPDATE for cycle#8 made March23rd <--Feb16th-March22nd

*UPDATE for cycle#9 made April27th <--March23rd-April25th

*Update for cycle#10 made June3rd <--April26th-June2nd

*Update for cycle#11 made July22nd <--June3rd-July4th

*UPDATE for cycle#12 made August6th in replies<--July5th-Aug3rd *Got our BFP* *EDD April 11th, 2013*

First Ultrasound-Vaginal U/S-baby measuring 11wks 1day-Heartbeat 160-Everything looks good :)

MORE ULTRASOUND PICTURES (NT SCAN) 10/1/12-Baby measuring right on at 12wks 4days-Heart rate was 160 and everything looks good :) -ABDOMINAL SCAN

**I will update when we find out the gender :) Tons of baby dust to all!!!**(Gender Scan set for December 6th, 2012)

*UPDATE* After 3boys.. WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!!!

Makayla Riley :)

*UPDATE April 15th Pg6--Newborn pics :)

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
zionsmom1
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I just googled and they did mention a hot bath so I think I was wrong on that! :)

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!!  I will find out what our last one will be in a few more months!  

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Alright ladies its time for my update :)

This is Cycle6(2nd attempt).. In the cycles before this I ovulated between days 20-29.. So I use CD20 as my possible Ovulation day.. which means DH and I BD 3-4days before expected ovulation, Cut off date being CD16(early AM CD17 at latest) We use shallow penetration, missionary with no orgasm..

This month my cycle decided to switch things up on me :( I ovulated on CD16 which is usually my cut off date for BD.. which means DH and I BD twice that day and once more at 2AM on CD17(thinking ovulation would take place on CD20) :( We did use position & diet.. We BD once on CD13, Twice CD14, Once CD15, Twice CD16, Once(2AM) CD17.. So we BD a few days before Ovulation, Day of Ovulation and the morning after Ovulation..

So my cycle was off and our timing was off because of it but still hoping and praying for alittle princess! So as of now I am 5DPO and will update again when I get a +HPT or AF

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I forgot to add that I use OPKs but dont start using them until CD18.. So I completely missed my LH Surge this cycle :(

Quoting Jennifer2787:

This is Cycle6(2nd attempt).. In the cycles before this I ovulated between days 20-29.. So I use CD20 as my possible Ovulation day.. which means DH and I BD 3-4days before expected ovulation, Cut off date being CD16(early AM CD17 at latest) We use shallow penetration, missionary with no orgasm..

This month my cycle decided to switch things up on me :( I ovulated on CD16 which is usually my cut off date for BD.. which means DH and I BD twice that day and once more at 2AM on CD17(thinking ovulation would take place on CD20) :( We did use position & diet.. We BD once on CD13, Twice CD14, Once CD15, Twice CD16, Once(2AM) CD17.. So we BD a few days before Ovulation, Day of Ovulation and the morning after Ovulation..

So my cycle was off and our timing was off because of it but still hoping and praying for alittle princess! So as of now I am 5DPO and will update again when I get a +HPT or AF

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Soo I couldnt help it I just HAD to test this morning before work.. Im 8DPO and got a BFN :( Its only the 9th and AF is due the 14th.. So I still have a few days.. Im soo impatient!

Quoting Jennifer2787:

I forgot to add that I use OPKs but dont start using them until CD18.. So I completely missed my LH Surge this cycle :(

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Jan13th--CD28..12DPO-- I believe AF is peeking her ugly head around the corner.. Major cramping with spotting.. Im thinking tomorrow morning will be starting Cycle7.. but we will see..

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Jennifer2787
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Okay ladies its time for my update..

This is cycle7(3rd attempt) I think this time instead of typing this whole cycle out I will just post my chart. Thinking I will just do that for every cycle from now on. I will say that I cut back my red meats, no bananas, lowered salt intake, increased my milk. Used missionary position with no orgasm. Instead of getting up right away after bd this cycle I put a pillow under my butt for about 15-20min after bd before i went to the bathroom. This next cycle I think I will make sure to bd RIGHT before bed and not go to the bathroom after and try to just go to bed. I also got 3days of +opks when I normally only get 1day(day of ovulation) which was different this cycle. Anyway here is my chart.. af showed today right on time so onto cycle8..

Mindy88
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting 3boysngirl:

i have 3 boys and had my dd without sway i just prayed g/l

♥Mom to 3 Handsome Boys Xander (8-24-07), Kyler (1-29-09) Spencer (1-07-10) and one Beautiful baby Girl Alyssa (12-15-11) Wife to Kevin (8-19-07)♥

Jennifer2787
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Time for my UPDATE lol :) AF started today so onto cycle9. My cycle changed again. I tried Mucinex this cycle to help with my low amount of CM it seemed to help alot but idk if ill try it again or not. Well see :) I didnt do too much ab diet this cycle. No bananas. Low salt intake. Vitamins. Increased Calcium. Nothing different with BDing.. Here is my Chart...

Jennifer2787
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Okay ladies time for my update :)

AF started yesterday. Hubby and I decided to take a break this cycle but of course I still charted. Ovulation day was CD23 just like last cycle.. My luteal phase changed again. I also decided to start using another chart TCOYF to compare Fertility friend chart with it. The charts match up 100% so ill only post FF chart.. Onto Cycle10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)