Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3boys--TTC a GIRL for #4 *Got our BFP*First Ultrasound 9/21/12**NT Scan 10/1/12**Gender Scan 12/6/12**ITS A GIRL!!!!!*

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jen :) Im happily married and we have 3 Gorgeous Boys <3 We are TTC baby#4 and we are hoping and praying for a GIRL. We will be happy either way but figured we could sway things in our favor.. atleast alittle :) Ive heard almost everything out there but DH and I sat down and decided on which methods we were going to try..

We decided to start by timing my cycles.(Started charting July2011) My cycles were irregular every month but ovulated around the same day. I also decided to try the diet. I increased my calcium and lowered my salt intake. Also cut out red meat and potassium. We also tried position (shallow penetration) with no orgasm for myself. Lastly we decided to BD everyday after AF until 3.5-4days before ovulation with DH taking a hot shower before BD.

After 5months of charting we have officially tried for the first time this month! If it doesnt happen we will try again next month but we are still hoping for the best :)

My AF started Nov14th and ended Nov18th(CD1-CD5). We BD everyday but.. with no orgasm for me from Nov24th(CD11)-Nov29th(CD16). I recieved a +OPK on Dec3rd(CD20) at 8pm(tested multiple times that day). Temp.shift (increase/rise) Dec4th(CD21)with a -OPK Indicating ovulation took place on Dec3rd(CD20)(72-96hours after last BD).(Fertility Friend Charting). My temp keeps rising everyday.. Im currently on CD28--8DPO..

I will update when I get my AF or a +HPT :) <--First Attempt November14th-December16th, 2011 UPDATE made Dec17th in replies

*UPDATE made on January6th-13th in replies* <--Second Attempt December17th, 2011-January13th, 2012(6th month of charting)

*UPDATE for cycle#7 made Feb16th in replies <--January14th-Feb15th

*UPDATE for cycle#8 made March23rd <--Feb16th-March22nd

*UPDATE for cycle#9 made April27th <--March23rd-April25th

*Update for cycle#10 made June3rd <--April26th-June2nd

*Update for cycle#11 made July22nd <--June3rd-July4th

*UPDATE for cycle#12 made August6th in replies<--July5th-Aug3rd *Got our BFP* *EDD April 11th, 2013*

First Ultrasound-Vaginal U/S-baby measuring 11wks 1day-Heartbeat 160-Everything looks good :)

MORE ULTRASOUND PICTURES (NT SCAN) 10/1/12-Baby measuring right on at 12wks 4days-Heart rate was 160 and everything looks good :) -ABDOMINAL SCAN

**I will update when we find out the gender :) Tons of baby dust to all!!!**(Gender Scan set for December 6th, 2012)

*UPDATE* After 3boys.. WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!!!

Makayla Riley :)

*UPDATE April 15th Pg6--Newborn pics :)

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
slittlefield920
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Do you think it's the way you are trying being so far away from O??

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Still trying :(  Hoping it happens by July.. July will be 1yr Weve been trying

Quoting slittlefield920:

Are you still trying Jen or did you get your BFP??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM

GL hun, hope you get a May BFP as a mother's day gift :)

-Mommy-2-Three-
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:26 AM

I think it might have something to do with it, if she conceived her boys easily...............I would try moving intercourse up to 2-3 days before O and I think your chances of conceiving will rise dramaticly. Most male sperm will die at the 1-2 day mark so you'll still have a MUCH higher chance of conceiving a girl.

GL hun, either way!!! 

Quoting slittlefield920:

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Quoting slittlefield920:

mommys3baby
by New Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM

hi there am in the same boat as you i would love to no if you got your wish your dd let me no how you did it thanks.

Jennifer2787
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I think that has alot to do with it honestly. But hubby & I promised eachother we would stay at ab 3-4days away from O for a year just to be safe. If it doesnt happen by July we will be moving intercourse up and well see what happens :) 

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I think it might have something to do with it, if she conceived her boys easily...............I would try moving intercourse up to 2-3 days before O and I think your chances of conceiving will rise dramaticly. Most male sperm will die at the 1-2 day mark so you'll still have a MUCH higher chance of conceiving a girl.

GL hun, either way!!! 

Quoting slittlefield920:

Quoting Jennifer2787:

Quoting slittlefield920:

Jennifer2787
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We are still trying :) we r having intercourse 3-4days before O so if it doesnt happen by July(1yr mark) we will be moving intercourse up :)  Good luck to you!!

Quoting mommys3baby:

hi there am in the same boat as you i would love to no if you got your wish your dd let me no how you did it thanks.

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM

UPDATE We took this cycle off. But I will still post my chart since my cycle has changed AGAIN. July will mark 1yr. We will be moving intercourse closer to O in July.. Heres my chart :) 

mommys3baby
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM

hi there ladys am trying to concieve a baby girl i have three boys and want a girl anyone knows any tricks I trIed the lime douche and got a infection so anyone with help please!

Jennifer2787
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM

*UPDATE- Im so sorry ladies! I've been trying to avoid cafemom so I could "relax" and stop thinking about ttc so I forgot to update my post with my cycle11chart. So here it is. Obvisously we took another month off from ttc to get somethings in order and to lift some stress off our shoulders :) We are actively ttc this cycle (cycle12-July) We did nothing different for cycle11. I started to change my diet again but I will post more details about that when I post cycle12 later this month (July)- So here is my cycle11 chart. My cycle changed AGAIN!!...

jmama0307
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Wow a whole year. Hopefully my sway happens fast. I am going to start in Nov

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN