Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3boys--TTC a GIRL for #4 *Got our BFP*First Ultrasound 9/21/12**NT Scan 10/1/12**Gender Scan 12/6/12**ITS A GIRL!!!!!*

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jen :) Im happily married and we have 3 Gorgeous Boys <3 We are TTC baby#4 and we are hoping and praying for a GIRL. We will be happy either way but figured we could sway things in our favor.. atleast alittle :) Ive heard almost everything out there but DH and I sat down and decided on which methods we were going to try..

We decided to start by timing my cycles.(Started charting July2011) My cycles were irregular every month but ovulated around the same day. I also decided to try the diet. I increased my calcium and lowered my salt intake. Also cut out red meat and potassium. We also tried position (shallow penetration) with no orgasm for myself. Lastly we decided to BD everyday after AF until 3.5-4days before ovulation with DH taking a hot shower before BD.

After 5months of charting we have officially tried for the first time this month! If it doesnt happen we will try again next month but we are still hoping for the best :)

My AF started Nov14th and ended Nov18th(CD1-CD5). We BD everyday but.. with no orgasm for me from Nov24th(CD11)-Nov29th(CD16). I recieved a +OPK on Dec3rd(CD20) at 8pm(tested multiple times that day). Temp.shift (increase/rise) Dec4th(CD21)with a -OPK Indicating ovulation took place on Dec3rd(CD20)(72-96hours after last BD).(Fertility Friend Charting). My temp keeps rising everyday.. Im currently on CD28--8DPO..

I will update when I get my AF or a +HPT :) <--First Attempt November14th-December16th, 2011 UPDATE made Dec17th in replies

*UPDATE made on January6th-13th in replies* <--Second Attempt December17th, 2011-January13th, 2012(6th month of charting)

*UPDATE for cycle#7 made Feb16th in replies <--January14th-Feb15th

*UPDATE for cycle#8 made March23rd <--Feb16th-March22nd

*UPDATE for cycle#9 made April27th <--March23rd-April25th

*Update for cycle#10 made June3rd <--April26th-June2nd

*Update for cycle#11 made July22nd <--June3rd-July4th

*UPDATE for cycle#12 made August6th in replies<--July5th-Aug3rd *Got our BFP* *EDD April 11th, 2013*

First Ultrasound-Vaginal U/S-baby measuring 11wks 1day-Heartbeat 160-Everything looks good :)

MORE ULTRASOUND PICTURES (NT SCAN) 10/1/12-Baby measuring right on at 12wks 4days-Heart rate was 160 and everything looks good :) -ABDOMINAL SCAN

**I will update when we find out the gender :) Tons of baby dust to all!!!**(Gender Scan set for December 6th, 2012)

*UPDATE* After 3boys.. WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!!!

Makayla Riley :)

*UPDATE April 15th Pg6--Newborn pics :)

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
Jennifer2787
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting jmama0307:

Wow a whole year. Hopefully my sway happens fast. I am going to start in Nov

We haven't been actively trying for the entire year. But we have been charting for a full yr now. Since this month (July) marks our 1yr of charting and because my cycle isnt regulating (always changing) we decided to just go for it. Try to get as far/close to O as possible.. if that makes sense lol! We have been trying the 3-4days before O the months we were ttc this past yr and nothing happened (we should be very fertile since our 3boys were VERY easy for us to concieve. First month of trying for all 3.) So we figured we will move it up.. We decided to try bd everyday & on the day I get my first +opk and no more bd after that.. I did change my diet again. And I started vitamins & supplements again this month (just not ALL the supplements. I had a very bad reaction when trying ALL the supplements to help sway).. The way my chart is looking (+opk, ovulation pain etc) Looks/Seems like we bd EXACTLY 24hours before I ovulated.. So we will see..

I also noticed I felt what I think is ovulation pain that I have NEVER felt before! In an entire yr of charting Ive never felt such a pain! Lasted about 30seconds on my left side. Lower back. It HURT! lol Im thinking it might be because of the folic acid supplement I started this month? But idk lol... I THINK I'm 2dpo as of right now So I will most likely be updating around August2nd.. Hoping to get those crosshairs tomorrow :)

Good Luck to you and your sway! And I hope it happens for you quickly! :) Lots of Pink Baby Dust your way!!!

Jennifer2787
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

*BIG UPDATE*  Okay ladies :) Time for my update! I have been taking two Flintstones gummie vitamins a day for the last yr. I started a 600mg calcium supplement & a 400mcg Folic Acid supplement this month. Since July was our 1yr mark we moved BD up since NOTHING was happening for us.. we even bd twice ON ovulation day one month and nothing. So we tried to pinpoint it for exactly 24hrs before ovulation. I know its best for 3-4days before but it just wasnt working for us. I changed my diet again. I had gave up the diet because it just wasnt what i enjoyed eating. This month it mostly consisted of rice, chicken, pasta, some fruits, some veggies, salads, eggs, ice cream & yogurt. I avoided soda completely! I cut down to 1cup of coffee a day. I went from consuming over 600mg of caffeine to 90mg of caffeine a day. I went from drinking 1bottle of water a day to drinking 4bottles of water a day. I even experienced ovulation pain this cycle and I have NEVER felt that before! I even know the exact time I ovulated :) Im very excited to announce we got a VERY FAINT positive hpt on July31st(10dpo)!! Here is my chart! I will also include a pic of all the hpt I took with fmu from 10dpo to 15dpo. Hubby had me take a different brand test on 15dpo in the afternoon(not fmu).. just to make sure the wondfo ones werent false positives and it was DEF positive! :) 

Here is my chart-

Here are my tests from 10dpo-15dpo (I love how you can see it get darker on the wondfo brand)

mommyde3boys
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

woohooCongratulations! H&H 9 months!

Jennifer2787
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM

BUMP FOR ULTRASOUND PIC UPDATE :)

connorsmama06
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats lots of pink dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asheleyt
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!! Congrats momma! Can't wait for you to update us 😃
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimbral3
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We are pregnant with #4 as well. Hoping and praying for a girl. We have 3 boys. The only I did was chart. According to my lmp I am 6 weeks 1 day. I have my first u/s on the 26th. Good luck to you!!!baby dust

Jennifer2787
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Thank you!! And good luck & congrats to you!! Cant wait to hear your update :) Tons of pink baby dust your way!!!

Quoting kimbral3:

We are pregnant with #4 as well. Hoping and praying for a girl. We have 3 boys. The only I did was chart. According to my lmp I am 6 weeks 1 day. I have my first u/s on the 26th. Good luck to you!!!baby dust

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Congrats on your BFP! We plan to TTC starting in Dec. I got pregnant without trying last month and sadly, I miscarried. We weren't even swaying yet. We forgot about the pulling out for TWO days (we use the rhythm method) and I saw my temp rise 24 hours later and then got a BFP a week or so later. You will have to let us know when you find out the gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer2787
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

BUMP FOR GENDER UPDATE!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)